Wii External hard-drive

Deanis

Tip#67: Sell Your Wii
Nov 14, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Wii Online Code
4076-9395-0234-2025
Why dont Nintendo design an external harddrive, thats the size and shape of the vertical wii stand, perhaps implement an iPod sized hard-drive into a stainless steel base, similarly styled to the Wii stand, with a short USB cable, reaching to the back of the Wii and allowing for transfers from PC. itd be a nice sleek addition to the Wii and would create a nice unified look to the design?

i hope youre sarcastic lol because otherwise it would you an idiot. hes not meaning actually GETTING the HDs from apple, just using ones similiar to theirs. maybe even made by the same company that apple buys its HDs from. anyways, GREAT idea, i really dont care about the design, it owuld be nice. but as long as the creeate flash drive and external device support im all for it!

LOL, im trying to do some dimensions on it, the stand would be about 2cm higher, but could be about 1cm wider to aid stability and allow some cooling room. And it would allow 80Gigs, beating both PS3 and 360 :D

Deanis said:
LOL, im trying to do some dimensions on it, the stand would be about 2cm higher, but could be about 1cm wider to aid stability and allow some cooling room. And it would allow 80Gigs, beating both PS3 and 360 :D

maybe instead of suggesting a company or nintendo to make it

you should design,make,mass produce it yourself:smilewinkgrin:

haha, i couldnt afford to advertise it, and as of yet, the wii cant support one anyway :(

Or they could just add drivers for many current 3rd party external hdds :)

Honestly at this point why would they need to add a harddrive? Hell I have a 2gig mem card in my wii and I barely have anything on it. Just a couple pics and mp3's to see that it actually works. Besides that it is totally useless. At the price they are charging for those VC games i wont be buying any of them any time soon.

LOL, you CAN put movies onto the Wii too. and if you left the hard-drive attached to the Wii, maybe more content could be downloaded from the net and run on the Wii...all upto nintendo :)

uh vc games only word when on wii's internal harddrive so a massive firmware update would be required aswell. if nintendo let games be run off the hdd them people could decode and share them for free (its already been done with F-Zero) not that u cant do that with a sd card but still, people would find a way to use the 2000 snes roms and 400 N64 roms they dl'd to their computer on the wii (you can do it on ps2 and xbox with a console emulator) but that still leads me to thinking if ur gonna do it illegally and have a pc what is the bloody point of wasting a cd and playing them in your wii? just buy a couple of controllers and play them there and hope you dont get caught

also thats probably why nintendo has not allowed cd's and dvd's to be played aswell. all its gonna take is some smart ass to make a chip then this will all be possible like ps2 and xbox and 360. i'm keeping my console legit, i want my warranty and original games copy's suck. personal experience ps2 wouldnt play burnt or originals anymore and xbox stuffed up after a year. and yes i did copy my own originals so they wouldnt get scratched. support the companies if you want games buy them. if you want software companies to go stuff this and stop making games buy games pirated for $5

Last edited:
i just hope it supports any E-HDD so i can make my own.
Case $30
300gb HDD $130
thats it, how much more could u possibly want
Upload movies, music and VC games.
Hook up the wii to my surrond system, and all good to go.

Back