Wii Fit: Not Actually Intended To Make You Fit

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Many of us already suspected that Wii Fit couldn't make us fit, but now you can add Nintendo as a name on that list of skeptics. Because during a recent interview on Nintendo's own site, Miyamoto spilled the beans that, no, Wii Fit is not a recommended replacement to your triathlon training...or even a walk around the block:

"I don't think Wii Fit's purpose is to make you fit; what it's actually aiming to do is make you aware of your body."

He continues:

"That's why we wanted people to talk with their families about Wii Fit, and become aware of these things together as a group. If you're standing still, and it tells you 'Your body is swaying', you can see on the training results screen that your body has been shaking. But I think you'd never realize that your body is shaking in day-to-day life. I think becoming aware of things like this about yourself is quite interesting."

Wow, all of this rationale sounds quite fair, Nintendo. And now we understand why you called the game Wii Become More Aware of Your Body and not something that could have been misconstrued by the public who's just looking for a fun way to lose some weight.

Source:http://kotaku.com/356513/wii-fit-not-actually-intended-to-make-you-fit

Interesting...

I felt it was rather obvious that its not actually a type of exercise... your just sitting on a plastic board. =P

I can honestly say I'm not at all surprised by this in the least.

It's still gonna sell like hot cakes I tells ya! ...and no I won't be one of them.

even wii sports wii fitnes age confuses me... i don't know if 23 (nearly several years older) is a compliment or not...

WHAT!? Next you are going to tell me that Guitar Hero won't make me a real guitar player. hahaha :lol:

It's much like the "workout" mode on DDR. I never expected to get "fit" or actually lose weight with Wii Fit, but I AM looking forward to it as a game.

The author's sarcasm in the last paragraph is neither funny nor intelligent.

Thats all I've got to say.

Well yeah, no surprise there.
It still a fun way to get involved in games, sure you may shed a pound or two. The board is getting set up for use with other games really.

But yeah, its done well in Japan, it will probably do double what Japan sold.

They should have called it "Wii Stop-your-bitching-it's-only-a-game"

Why the hell does everyone take games so seriously! Of course it isn't going to make you fit!

That's like saying Rayman Ravin' Rabbids is going to cause you to go out and incite genocide on bunnies.

EDIT: Speaking of which:

waluigi40dk1.png

The fact that Wii Fit will get us off our @ss while playing justifies that it's a healthier game to play then say... Gears of War. YOU WILL lose calories with Wii Fit(duh!) but what Miyamoto means is that it's no replacement for jogging or the Jenny Craig program(duh! again).

Wii Fit has YOGA!!:smilewinkgrin:

The L.S said:
I felt it was rather obvious that its not actually a type of exercise... your just sitting on a plastic board. =P

:lol: your not sitting on a plastic board! lol I hope you don't buy this game to use it as a seat cushion :lol:

idjut said:
even wii sports wii fitnes age confuses me... i don't know if 23 (nearly several years older) is a compliment or not...

Since the Wii doesn't know your age(duh! again) it's obviously a complement. 21 is the age you want to reach. 23 is pretty damn good:yesnod:

Back