Wii Fit Plus Advanced Levels

dnamertz

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2009
In Wii Fit Plus, if you score a certain amount of points in a game you "unlock" an Advanced difficulty level in that game. But I've noticed that if you turn the game off and then back on, you can not choose the Advanced level without unlocking them again.

Is there a way to Save these advanced levels without having to unlock them again? Everything else remains saved when I turn off the game (high scores, personal data)...but what about the difficulty levels?

We are having similar issues. The advanced levels seem to go away from day to day... but not always. The little + & -symbols for selecting difficulty level lose their green shade so there is no longer an option to select advanced or expert for some games. It's sporadic, but happens more often than not. Additionally, we're finding that the advanced levels, once they've come and gone away, do not seem to unlock again as easily as before.

Is the is feature? A bug? Are we not looking in the right place? There's gotta be a trick to it, right?

Yay! My 9 year-old son figured it out.

Whichever Mii you enter the game with sets the advanced levels that may be seen during that gaming session.

If you want to use advanced levels you have acheived you must go back to the Wii Fit Plaza, select YOUR Mii, then enter the game.

We had been using the little "switch Mii" button on the bottom right of the screen after the games to take turns. If you do it that way you're stuck with whatever advanced levels were unlocked by whichever Mii started the session.

We hope this helps other "beginner" Wii Fit Plus users.

Good luck!

Whichever Mii you enter the game with sets the advanced levels that may be seen during that gaming session.

If you want to use advanced levels you have acheived you must go back to the Wii Fit Plaza, select YOUR Mii, then enter the game.

We had been using the little "switch Mii" button on the bottom right of the screen after the games to take turns. If you do it that way you're stuck with whatever advanced levels were unlocked by whichever Mii started the session.

Good luck!

No, that's not it. I've unlocked the advanced game with my personal Mii character in the Flying Chicken game and flew out to the blimp a few times. Then the next day, all that was available was the beginner for my Mii and other Miis.

Also, similar to what 104 said, I have since gotten 4 stars on the begginer level of the flying game and almost doubled the high score that previously unlocked the advanced level...but this time it did not unlock.

I agree with dnamertz. The solution proposed does not fit our scenario, either. I'm hoping someone else will resond to this thread with other ideas. Thanks!

How to get to Plaza screen?

I am VERY new to the Wii (12-25-2009).
I have not played enough to evaluate the patterns described so far.
The solution proposed said to go back to the Wii Fit Plaza. Ho does one do that without exiting to the main Wii Channels menu?

BTW, I'll try to notice the advanced level patterns and contribute if I notice something worth sharing.

Thanks,
Ben

Hi

I'm experiencing the same problem - I thought maybe it was a conflict with old version of Wii Fit so I deleted all the save data (for the whole family) and started again (very annoying by the way!). However, this didn't fix it. I have now emailed Nintendo Customer Support as this particular 'feature' seems to be an unacceptable bug. I'll post up anything that they say in reply...

104 is correct I tested it and it corrected my issue

Good luck!

No, that's not it. I've unlocked the advanced game with my personal Mii character in the Flying Chicken game and flew out to the blimp a few times. Then the next day, all that was available was the beginner for my Mii and other Miis.

Also, similar to what 104 said, I have since gotten 4 stars on the begginer level of the flying game and almost doubled the high score that previously unlocked the advanced level...but this time it did not unlock.

I tested 104 suggestion and it was correct. We had logged in at the first screen on the Wii Fit Plus with my 4yr olds Mii everything was missing but all our scores were there. I went back to the initial screen and selected my 7yr olds Mii and the Advanced and Expert selections were all back and could be used again. Thanks 104!!

Back