wii fit sells one million in japan

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Hits milestone in just over a month on sale

Nintendo's Wii Fit exercise package has sold one million units in Japan, in just over a month on sale.

According to Nikkei, the hardware and software bundle reached the milestone on January 6, after being introduced to the market on December 1.

Wii Fit was first unveiled by Shigeru Miyamoto at E3 last year, and represents Nintendo's continued push to expand the industry beyond the traditional videogame market.

The package consists of the Wii Balance Board peripheral and software that simulates an exercise workout, using more than 40 types of training activities, as well as keeping track of a users BMI and other stats on a new Wii Channel.

heres the link

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=31970

Backwards Man said:
It will do just as good or even better in health obsessed North America

Don't ever say that again without a warning first!

I just spit my Coke all over my computer monitor (and a bit went up my nose)

SSJJason said:
when does wii fit come out in the us?

Currently the release date is TBA.
I say we get it some time in or after the summer.

As for the numbers, can't say I am surprised.
Wii Fit has really caught the eye of most people and many are wanting to play it, while some are completely hating it. Me personally, I think it looks good and I will end up picking it up sometime soon (hopefully the release date isn't too far away).

ki11er4311 said:
isnt that kinda dumb u can just do that outside

Do what outside?, you never said that in your post. Try narrowing it down a little, as Wii Fit has a bunch of games in it.
Also some things you can't do outside, like box..walk a tightrope? (Unless of course your in the circus)

Main thing with this is when "working out" you have nice things to look out, and overall its more fun when moving around etc. Thats what its trying to do, and thats why it appeals to some people.

Backwards Man said:
It will do just as good or even better in health obsessed North America
I guess thats why the US is probably the [STRIKE]fattest[/STRIKE] most obese country in the world.

Cool on the one million copies. For one country, that's excellent (as far as I know).

Back