Wii Fit vs Wii Fit Plus

dnamertz

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2009
I'm going to get my first Wii for the family for Christmas and we also want to get the Wii Fit, but I'm seeing that there is a new Wii Fit Plus. What is the difference between the Wii Fit and the Wii Fit Plus?

Actually, I don't think that there is much difference between Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. According to Wikipedia, Wii Fit Plus is simply "an enhanced version of Wii Fit." Also, telling from what I'm reading about it, Wii Fit Plus will give you the same things from the original version and then some. For instance, they'll be giving you fifteen new balance games, six new strength training/yoga activities in addition to the original activities from Wii Fit, the ability to create your own individualised exercise regimen and "the option to create profiles for pets."

So, if I were you and I just simply wanted the basic stuff, then I would go for Wii Fit. However, if you wanted all the hard work and fun activities and then some, then it would be best that you go for Wii Fit Plus.

You can actually look more into it at the website for Wii Fit, http://wiifit.com.

There is no reason (unless you are a purist) to purchase the original Wii Fit. Wii Fit Plus is essentially an updated version of Wii Fit. It is available with the balance board just as Wii Fit was. The program remains the same* with additional exercises and activities. My opinion is to stick with Plus and not worry about the original.

Enjoy your workouts!

* The only difference is the removal of exercise combos (suggestions by the program to combine certain exercises). This is a feature I wish remained but is not essential to the program. They can still be found on sites such as Gamefaqs.

Weird that WII fit is in top 3 MOST sold game of all times!
ive just Got the Wii and Fit + its very fun but can see myself in 3 months no wanting to play it! love the YOGA stuff and how the balance weights you « i wonder if it give me my true weight?
i know in JAN 2010 WII YOGA is coming out « probably be in top 10 best selling games of all times!! « lol weird how ppl put down Nintendo WII and it out selling XBOX and ps3...

WII RULE!:wink:

cant wait for Zelda sometime next year (around Xmas 2010)

I too thought about getting both (I got my Wii a few weeks back) - and it does seem like the + is just an enhanced version of the original... so I'm happy with it -got to be better then having 2 different versions going on and having to have two lots of stats. Besides... I LOVE the stuff exclusive to the 'new' version - especially the cycling!

Hmm... might start a thread dedicated to the Wii Fit Plus now thanks to this one!

:D

Neil.

Hey man, being that my family brought a Wii last Christmas, I got the original Wii Fit. I have to say that that game is pretty fun! So, I can say that since Nintendo added more features and such to Wii Fit +, then I can imagine that game to be a lot more fun than the original.

Back