Wii Fitness Class

RivalDestiny

WiiChat Member
Staff member
Dec 15, 2006
Michigan
Wii Online Code
0409-5781-9484-0073
A person named Zander has started a class on wii fitness. Here's the article!

A PERSONAL trainer has become the first fitness expert to help couch potatoes shed the pounds by playing computer games.

Zander Urquhart, 32, is conducting classes using the Wii for clients desperate to get fit. His idea has been so successful he has a four-week waiting list.

The Nintendo console allows up to four people to exercise using a controller as a tennis racket, baseball bat, golf club or boxing gloves.

Mr Urquhart, from Glasgow, decided to use the Wii after hearing claims from university experts that users could burn 125 calories in a 15-minute session.

He said: "I was watching this five-year-old who needed encouragement to do any exercise, but here he was for half an hour, running about playing tennis, boxing and baseball and working up a sweat. I started thinking about how useful this could be for other groups."

Mr Urquhart initially aimed the Wii classes at children but soon realised that adults were as keen as their children.

A study by Liverpool John Moores University found regular use of a Wii could help shift 27lb a year.

A Nintendo UK spokesman said: "We're not aware of anyone else doing this, but it shows what the Wii can be used for."

linkage: http://news.scotsman.com/glasgow.cfm?id=534992007

~Rival

Yeah, The built in Wii Fitness in Wii sports can help a lot..

I enjoy Wii Fitness a bunch, in fact I've done it today and got a 29 Wii Fitness age. BTW, a30993, good to see you again.

There needs to be a more hardcore game/software to do fitness with.
Like aerobics and u copy the characters on screen
or like a fully interactive olympics game

ajnokia said:
Thats quite cool and its in my beatufil home called Scotland.

It doesn't belong to you lol

^^ - I live in England but it's cool that someone close to us has good ideas.

I don't this necessarily this means just the built in Wii Fitness, I think that simply by groups of people just playing the Wii sports package (-Golf lol) can burn calories.

A TV programme broadcasted in the UK I happened to be watching called Richard & Judy (some may be familiar with this show). They were testing out different diets with different families. I noticed that it showed clips of this couple boxing each other, they tried it for a week, I cannot remember the weight loss however they said they would continue it.

This couple were around early 40's and it prooves that the Wii can be used for many uses as it claims. :)

Last edited:
WiiGod said:
I don't this necessarily this means just the built in Wii Fitness, I think that simply by groups of people just playing the Wii sports package (-Golf lol) can burn calories.

A TV programme broadcasted in the UK I happened to be watching called Richard & Judy (some may be familiar with this show). They were testing out different diets with different families. I noticed that it showed clips of this couple boxing each other, they tried it for a week, I cannot remember the weight loss however they said they would continue it.

This couple were around early 40's and it prooves that the Wii can be used for many uses as it claims. :)

Yeah they lost quite a lot (More than what the guy did from Wiitendo site who got tons of press coverage) Yeah Im from Uk too and they gave a Wii to all the familys who tried the weight loss chalenge!

Off Topic: Woohoo my 100th post

FR. said:
I enjoy Wii Fitness a bunch, in fact I've done it today and got a 29 Wii Fitness age. BTW, a30993, good to see you again.

Hm? What do you mean by that? I've just been playing my Wii alot, that's all! :p

Back