wii for therapy?

mark66

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2009
denver
I find myself in a wheelchair after being hit by car. Does anyone have advice, experience on using wii for therapy? I need help building mobility and strength in my arms and legs. I would really appreciate any help or advice on additional hardware or games. I don't have much gaming experience.

I find myself in a wheelchair after being hit by car. Does anyone have advice, experience on using wii for therapy? I need help building mobility and strength in my arms and legs. I would really appreciate any help or advice on additional hardware or games. I don't have much gaming experience.
Hey I dont know about strength but its a good exercise for your arms if you play wii sports. I dont really know your condition but id like to recommend you try doing light weights and wrist clenches. Hope everything works out for you peace be with you bro

At this point I can't lift my arms above my head without any weight. I went out yesterday and bought a wii and the Sports Resort. I think the tennis and canoe games will help with range of motion. Thanks for the well wishes.

I'm 43 yrs. old. I was walking across the street and got hit by a 2002 Grand Am going about 40 mph. I was in the hospital for a month and a half. I broke both my arms, both my legs, 8 ribs and the 5th cervical vertabra (luckily it didn't do any spinal cord damage) This was about 5 months ago.

i was in a severe motorcycle accident a few years ago. i find the wiifit, wii sports, and other games great for range of motion.

try the boxing workouts the one where you dige the balls, Id recommend that for your condition maybe get advice from your doctor I mean you dont want to over do it and cause more damage to your body. So before you do anything have a talk with someone who knows about these things.

Back