Wii Forecast Off?

xjoshuwaa

Brawl Addict
Dec 22, 2006
San Diego,CA (619)
Wii Online Code
4969-7331-1272-1292
My Wii forecast says that it is going to be Sunny tomorrow. While Weather.com and my local news weather channel says its going to rain tomorrow. So, is the Wii forecast trustworthy?

guess you'll find out tommorow :).
well remember its the overall weather so it might rain tommorow but be clear for most of the day...

i check mine quite alot and it seems fairly accurate for my area.

xjoshuwaa said:
My Wii forecast says that it is going to be Sunny tomorrow. While Weather.com and my local news weather channel says its going to rain tomorrow. So, is the Wii forecast trustworthy?
I have wondered this myself. I think the forecast channel is an automated system, so it just gives a ballpark figure of last year's weather compared to current weather trends. It's a neat feature, but I'd trust local weather service more than the Wii's. The only part of it that's probly accurate is the Current weather. 5 day forecast 'n stuff. I wouldn't even bother.

xjoshuwaa said:

I wish Nintendo had teamed up with Weather.com instead of some unknown company. As it stands the so-called "current" weather is always 3 or 4 hours behind.

El Jefe said:
I have wondered this myself. I think the forecast channel is an automated system, so it just gives a ballpark figure of last year's weather compared to current weather trends. It's a neat feature, but I'd trust local weather service more than the Wii's. The only part of it that's probly accurate is the Current weather. 5 day forecast 'n stuff. I wouldn't even bother.

Actually, Wii forecast gets it's weather forecast from a specific site I believe.
I'm not up for checking it right now, but go to the forecast channel, you really can't miss it.

El Jefe said:

The forecast is not realtime information, man.

Prez said:
Actually, Wii forecast gets it's weather forecast from a specific site I believe.
I'm not up for checking it right now, but go to the forecast channel, you really can't miss it.

Gets it from Weathernews.com

I visited the site, Can't even look up your weather in that website.

Oh well, I better just go back to using Weather.com.

i was wondering where they got this, i find sometimes randomly it's just way wrong

If I put the city right next door to mine it'll say 10 degrees, now put it to Dallas (15-20 min away) and it'll pop up right (~40 degrees).

So yeah, from my experience I wouldn't say it's very trustworthy.

Prez said:

As others have pointed out, they get the info from Weathernews. It may seem like some small time operation that no one has heard of, but that's because they don't typically deal directly with the public, that's why you can't just go to their site and look up your local weather (like weather.com). But they are actually the world's largest private weather service company and supply weather data to almost every industry you can think of (airlines, ocean shipping, etc.)

The problem I have, is that it's not updated frequently enough. The current conditions are typically 10-12 hours behind. But I suspect that's just a problem with coordinating the update timing with Weathernews and not that the information is just not available.

Well if the forecast channel was actual real-time, then I think that would take a lot of processing power to keep all temps, and weather around the world updated to the minute. I'd rather Nintendo used their servers for the shop channel instead of a forecast channel. yup yup

Back