Wii format

Bigjake52

Wii fan Boy till the end
Jul 26, 2007
MarsBars
Wii Online Code
3449-8056-9185-4637
Why would i have to use wii format ever. i know what it does it wipes your wii but should i ever do it to clean out my wii. LIke a computer. or what?

In case your Wii memory gets corrupted....then you need to repair it.

but like to clean it like formating a pc to get out bugs and that sort of stuff?

No, not as far as I know. if i'm correct it is strictly for repairing a corrupted Wii's Internal memory.

ok but it would not hurt to do it every year or somthing like that.

No, I suppose it would not. I guess it is a good idea, kind of like defragmenting a computers hard drive once a month or so.

i wouldnt recomend doing that, if you dont know what u r doing

Wii Format will change your Wii Code every time you Format Btw
Wii Format is useful when you got corrupted Data but you shouldn't use it that much unless your like a new game addict every time lol

Well...

well the formatting option in the wii was made that incase your wii ever gets a save(s) corrupted you could just re-format the wii and erase the stuff on the hardrive thats corrupted. Now i recommend that you format your wii once a year or every November 19, but remember to back-up what you can on to an SD card so you dont lose your important saves.

MRCOOLGH said:
well the formatting option in the wii was made that incase your wii ever gets a save(s) corrupted you could just re-format the wii and erase the stuff on the hardrive thats corrupted. Now i recommend that you format your wii once a year or every November 19, but remember to back-up what you can on to an SD card so you dont lose your important saves.

The Wii doesn't have a hard drive.

Wii format would also be good if your going to sell your wii that way the new owner doesnt have anything on it

Back