Wii Freezing?

Projection

WiiChat Member
May 4, 2007
Bedford, England
Wii Online Code
2857-0920-1773-7331
I was playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance for about an hour and then it just froze, it's never happened before. I couldn't reset it, turn it off from the remote or console and it sort of made me panicked and paranoid. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone know what caused it?

sunspots

I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to happen more frequently.

It could be than you ran across some glitch in the game itself that caused that or your Wii just freaked out for a second and locked.

my wii gets spurts of freezing... or severe lags.... I hate it... all my friends do the same thing

It was probably the game. I mean if this is the only time its happend. My Wii has froze a dozen times on the trial version of internet channel! Later I updated the Wii and got the regular version and its rare if it ever freezes. So in that case it wasnt the Wii that was the problem it was the internet channel. So im sure this was the same problem with you. Blame the software, not your Wii.

mine freezes and makes a loud humming noise. its done this 2x on the same day. i was watching videos on google.videos.com and within 20 min or so it froze. very strange.

i just unpluged it and left it alone for a few moments. worked fine afterwards with no problems.

oh well. i wouldnt worry

i does it randomly.......

did it froze on the loading?.....cause that happen to me

it only happen once.....soo dont worry, it wont miss up ur wii

My Wii usually never freezes, only once out of the blue. I wouldn't worry about it as long as it works the next time. However, if it constantly freezes, then you should start troubleshooting.

thats as happened to me before no need to worry, its only if it happens alot.

if it happens more than twice in an hour turn it of (by unplugging) and leave it for a few hours or a day without play. then it should be fine if it still does it then there may be a fault.

a good idea is buying one of those air fan coolers for the back of it.

but as i said earlier no need to panick.

but if you do what i did panick, i dropped my wii down the back of my TV it was about a 4 Ft drop, i was so panicked i picked it up immediatly and was to scared to try it incase it didnt work but fortunatle it works perfectly fine good as new.

Thanx a lot for all ur help guys. I really appreciate it and I at least know not too panic too much about it.

My wii has never froze, but my friend freezes quite often, I just suggested contacting nintendo about it.

Mine did it once on Madden. Just unplugged it for a bit and all was and has been well. Sometimes electronic devices need to be reset like this from any type of malfunction and it usually always does the trick.

Back