Wii from Malta

KenChir

WiiChat Member
Mar 14, 2007
Malta, EU
Hi all,

I just got myself a Wii, and would like to find other Wii owners from Malta... for Online play when it will be available. Should have a wifi router soon, to get online... so for now my wii is on solitary confinement :cryin:

Catch ya later

Ken

Join the club my wii wifi roter has decided not to work

KenChir said:
Hi all,

I just got myself a Wii, and would like to find other Wii owners from Malta... for Online play when it will be available. Should have a wifi router soon, to get online... so for now my wii is on solitary confinement :cryin:

Catch ya later

Ken
Hi there, I am another Wii owner from MALTA, just bought my wii, connected to the Wi-Fi router and got my first update and already had a big problem, no agreement screen, but I found something that I am goign to try this evening to solve this issue, if I do I will post another reply tonight and say Hurray or BOohOo.

hmmm... good luck... if there's one thing that scares me is updating the Wii... heard about so many f^^k ups...

Ok so , I know you heard alot of "stuff" but to be honest had no problem connecting to the router, I updated the wii but had problems getting the agreement to use the connect24, but its becasue I set my WII as a country to malta, and since they dont have services directly relating to Malta, which I doubt they will have, since we're so small we are always overlooked, JUST SET your WII to another country such as UK, or Italy, and it will be fine. (forecasts still work for Malta - in teh Globe setting, but news is scarse to say teh least), Nintento shoudl just accept normal RSS feeds, someone has to develop an RSS reader for WII, that can acommodate multiple feeds.

Ah that was your problem? I knew about that issue.. yeah i'd like to know why they went thru the trouble of putting Malta in the list and then it doesnt work :( ... I have a friend who emailed Nintendo Europe to ask... no reply yet :mad2:

Hey guys, I'm Androo. I also have a Wii and am from Malta.. Gozo actually lol. If you want to add me to your Wi Friends list pls PM me with your code.

New maltese Wii owner here.

Still have to wait 2 weeks as it will be given to my son as a present. But I tried it and had the same country connection issues which jamescatania had but now I know how to solve them.

Just two questions will Opera work for you this way and can you buy from online shop?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey mate. I'm from Malta too. You have to set your country to UK or any other 'big-name' country in Europe. Then set up your connection and the Wii will update itself. Go to the shop channel and download it for free [before 1st of july].

Thank You
I will download Opera when I have the Wii back in 2 weeks time lol.

Thanks again to all for the welcome.

yo t you all, have fun and enjoy the fantastic fun fabulously freaky foolish forums

Back