Wii functionality set to expand

Oooo that sounds kinda nice. Hopefully when they the weather to you, it'll be in the countries accent...

That'll be sweet for news, I like setting the slideshow while I'm doing work or something but I often miss stories and it's hard to do both effectively. I'll use the news channel alot more if this comes out.

yeah i heard
this what if they make a program where it makes you say the alphabete and sounds and it uses your voice for wii to wii messages

It would really be cool to see some kind of voice translation system.

Or even a synthetic voice based on your own voice.

Cool stuff.

Another cool feature could be voice commands, like "launch opera browser" and it launches, maybe a little too much, but still cool

if that is true that would be cool. I like the microphone, to be able to talk while playing a game or the voice wii channel.. If nintendo came to me and said what do u want the most, i would say
Official release dates and info on online play for SSBB, Mario strikers charged,

I don't understand. So how exactly are they going to accomplish this, through a firmware update, a seperate program to buy that attachs to a Wii, or in brand-new Wii's that are eventually going to ship.

Celestial said:
Hopefully when they the weather to you, it'll be in the countries accent...

Lmao..the thought of somebody on the wii reading the weather to me in a Welsh Accent. Like Sian Lloyd (local weather woman)

Sian-Lloyd.jpg

Welsh or maybe some Uk people will know what I mean

Celestial said:
Oooo that sounds kinda nice. Hopefully when they the weather to you, it'll be in the countries accent...

NOOOOOO Have you played Online Games? The English one always sounds so Posh and Sterotypical! SO ANNOYING!

Hochiminh said:
I don't understand. So how exactly are they going to accomplish this, through a firmware update, a seperate program to buy that attachs to a Wii, or in brand-new Wii's that are eventually going to ship.

And no it'll be an Update. All it has to do is stream sound which matches the text on the screen. Not hard theres loads of programs that do that

Wii_Smurf said:
NOOOOOO Have you played Online Games? The English one always sounds so Posh and Sterotypical!

That reminds me of the movie Idiocracy, the movie about the average guy who accidentally hibernates 500 years into the future, and wakes up in a very stupid world. And when speaking about how he uses present day english to talk to the future inhabitants who's language has pretty much broken down to nothing more than slang, the narrator says "Joe could understand them perfectly well, but when he tried to speak to them he sounded pompous...and faggy."

lol, no offense to the English.

Back