Wii game creation tool

rapter

lextalionis
Jun 18, 2007
Wii Online Code
2271-5844-9341-5394
Saw few articles in various websites about nintendo releasing the wii game creation tool. But i was unable to find any links from where we could download the software.

Any idea, has anyone got access to this game creation tool and specs.

sounds interesting, you mean make games yourself? (obviously simple ones) that would be a great wii channel...

Just make your games in flash and play it on the opera browser. Simple but wont make you rich ;/

Yeah... It'll be downloadable for everyone but not usable to everyone...
Maybe they'll make it able to sell their own-made games in Wii Shop Channel like Ebay?

There is a game design program out there on the net somewhere that is compatible with wii., I saw it and was gonna post but I didnt... I have made some simple games before, it takes time to get used to the game maker you are using but its not that bad.

From what I read they are called it Wiiware and its like the other people have said its not a Tool or a program they are saying its for people to make games for the wii and it will be downloadable by others so I guess they give you some sort of percentage of the money they said they were charging people to download others games so. But by the sound of it you need to know how to program. Usualy what they do is give you information you need to program. They are also called Dev kits. Sometimes they give you a special system usualy 2-3x more expensive than a normal one to use to test your things. No clue how they are doing it on wii because you obviously need to test your stuff also.

dogayonv said:
From what I read they are called it Wiiware and its like the other people have said its not a Tool or a program they are saying its for people to make games for the wii and it will be downloadable by others so I guess they give you some sort of percentage of the money they said they were charging people to download others games so. But by the sound of it you need to know how to program. Usualy what they do is give you information you need to program. They are also called Dev kits. Sometimes they give you a special system usualy 2-3x more expensive than a normal one to use to test your things. No clue how they are doing it on wii because you obviously need to test your stuff also.

Isn't WiiWare just the icon on the shop channel that lets you download new channels and features like the Internet Channel? I have no idea what you were saying. :shocked:

As far as I have read, they are going to/already released a game creation tool whose name is also called "wiiware", similar to the icon which we see where we can download safari, etc.
Maybe they are going to list this tool also under that icon in future, going by that article.

Using this tool you can create games, which will get sold in wii shop channel.

But problem is, i tried contacting nintendo support and they don't seem to respond either yes/no.

rapter said:
As far as I have read, they are going to/already released a game creation tool whose name is also called "wiiware", similar to the icon which we see where we can download safari, etc.
Maybe they are going to list this tool also under that icon in future, going by that article.

Using this tool you can create games, which will get sold in wii shop channel.

But problem is, i tried contacting nintendo support and they don't seem to respond either yes/no.
It isn't just for consumers to use and it won't be available as a download from your Wii. They will give third party developers dev kits so they can make Wii Ware which is just channels that will be available for download from the shop channel. Do you even know how to program? If not then it would be useless to you anyway. Also the Wii uses Opera not Safari.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/27/wiiware-paves-the-way-for-homemade-wii-games/

In a move that's sure to delight the literally millions of Wii owners out there, Nintendo has announced that it will be offering a development platform which will allow almost anyone to create games that can be downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel. Like Microsoft's XNA Game Studio Express before it, the so called WiiWare service gives at-home developers the tools to create content playable with those magical controllers, meaning that many of the strange and disturbing concept titles we've seen may actually come to fruition starting next year. Since no one wants to sit around coding for free (except for, you know, the entire open source community), Nintendo will allow devs to sell their wares to the public -- "reducing barriers to entry," as the economists say, while giving gamers a potentially endless source of cheap and innovative content. Just remember, Nintendo, when you gift the masses with the power to create, you're definitely not gonna like all of their creations.

Back