Wii game saving... how does it work??

White2kss

WiiChat Member
Nov 17, 2007
Okay so i have a question...

My buddy let me borrow Madden 08 and I saved my season to the Wii.. I gave him the game back and now I'm wondering how to delete this to free up memory?

Is there like a screen that shows you all your saved game data and you can choose what to delete?

White2kss said:
Okay so i have a question...

My buddy let me borrow Madden 08 and I saved my season to the Wii.. I gave him the game back and now I'm wondering how to delete this to free up memory?

Is there like a screen that shows you all your saved game data and you can choose what to delete?
Yes. It's in the data management section on the wii settings

Well, all you have to do is have the memory card in the Wii and it saves to the Wii and the memory card, but if you don't have a memory card it just saves it to the Wii, so that works.

Sweet, i didnt know Wii had a memory card you can use. This will help my brother and I out... Thanks for the info lol

Wii2293 said:
Sweet, i didnt know Wii had a memory card you can use. This will help my brother and I out... Thanks for the info lol

Just SD Cards [They go at the front, Just open up that pannel next to the disc drive]

Wii2293 said:

The Wii does not have a memory card.
It has internal memory which is 512mb of storage, plenty for all your games, and channels etc.

The only memory card there is the Gamecube one which is used to save Gamecube games.

Unless of course you use an sd card to save games or whatever but you shouldn't need to, the Wii has plenty of room.

Its not room on the Wii, it is profiles in a game. If I am correct, some games you can only have one profile saved.

CantGetAWii said:
The Wii does not have a memory card.
It has internal memory which is 512mb of storage, plenty for all your games, and channels etc.

The only memory card there is the Gamecube one which is used to save Gamecube games.

Unless of course you use an sd card to save games or whatever but you shouldn't need to, the Wii has plenty of room.
You are very very wrong.

You can use an SD card as a MEMORY CARD.

Everyone knows this

Stop bickering over what it's called, you can save stuff on a SD card in the form of memory, who cares?

FRuMMaGe said:
You are very very wrong.

You can use an SD card as a MEMORY CARD.

Everyone knows this

Yes, I said that for those that need to save their Wii games an Sd card can be used. I also said you shouldn't need to, as the Wii has a lot of room. Unless you have all the channels and download a lot of VC games then it comes in handy.

I just never said Sd=Memory card or whatever.
Don't think I was very very wrong.

need a wii said:
what exactly is an SD card?is it what goes in digi cameras?:O
Yes, most cameras take SD cards.

There is a compartment on the front of the Wii for them so you can put music/videos/pictures onto your wii and transfer saves from it.

Back