Wii games too short/easy?

kidtmnt

WiiChat Member
Feb 13, 2007
Hello fellow Wii gamers :)

I was wondering how long do you prefer your games? Ive been noticing that the Wii games ive been getting feel a bit short. Do Wii games feel short to you?

I dont think my gaming skills are improving. Im really not that good of a gamer, but the challenge is fun. Are game writers making Wii games easier?

NES games are really hard, SNES and N64 games get tough and practice is needed. Gamecube has a nice scatter of difficulty. But the Wii games, I havent gotten stuck once in a game. I even thought Zelda TP was a bit short. Usually with Zelda games I'm asking my older brothers for help. I didnt even get stuck in once in Zelda TP.

Can you please suggest some challenging Wii games? Will Super Paper Mario be the first RPG released on the Wii? I'm really excited for that game to come out :)

Hmmm i tend to agree to some point. But i thought TP was long not short

I agree with everything you said. Thats why I don't want my wii much.

1161062458_61530.jpg

1161062459_92688.jpg

1161062472_11789.jpg

1161062473_77564.jpg

1161062502_12557_s.jpg

514_0.jpg

11_17_3139_236_68_20061023151303.jpg

above game is good and long time to play ,share to you

Last edited:
thanks MK2, I havent tried Naruto and Bleach yet.

I agree, many Wii games are too simple/too easy to play/too short at least: The ones made JUST for the Wii.

Once that aren't made for the Wii can be long.

It's only getting exclusives for the most part

I have trauma center and excite truck right now.

Excite truck is just pure fun. If you haven't tried it, i'd highly reccomend it.

Trauma Centre is insanely challanging - and entertaining! It focuses on precision of movement, speed, and memory - in that order. While not an rpg, per say, it does have a great story line (if you can get past the rather corny start).

zelda's not that short at all. especially if you don't use any help guides or anything, and just explore on your own.

what i have found interesting though is it seems to be that the older the games the more difficult they are, despite the fact that they're much more simple! like current gen are pretty easy, last gen are a little less easy, going through this same pattern all the way back to the atari 2600 which some of the games i find brutally difficult now. Especially this one called dragonfire, where you must steal all the dragons treasure before he kills you. That game is LUDICROUS! It's so hard.

Here's a vid of the game I'm talking about. Sorry for the suckiness of this video but it's the only one i could find. Just a reminder :IT'S NOT ME, OR EVEN MY VIDEO JUST SOME GUY , his stupid head is blocking part of the screen but you can still get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ViwpKVDoBc

its short because you guys played it for 8 hours the first day you got it :D

God of War 2 was only longer because i had to beat it multiple times to unlock things but it was basically a 6-7 hour game for me. The games arnt nessecarily longer, they are easier for us advanced gamers. I know my sister would have taken months to beat TP and thats like playing for 2 hours or so everyday. I mean all the old games now if you picked them up you could beat them in around 5-6-7 hours which seems to be the average par time for length of games now a days.

i know after playing Zelda since Ocarina of time, im trained in the ways of zelda. I know to light all the torches, i know to bomb walls, try to clawshot to everything i see. Its easier because your just experienced :D Imagine playing such a game without any video game experience, would take ya at least twice or three times the amount of time.

The reason why old games seems totally impossible or insanely long is because usually one spot its near impossible to do. Like Super Ghosts and Ghouls, its just insane after awhile. Old games werent really thought out to be do able except by hardcore spending hours and hours trying to do the same thing over and over. Such as Mario and the Lost Levels on All Star for snes, that one bowser castle were you gotta take the right paths 4-5 times in a row, you basically ad to spend hours to figure out which paths to take and go aorund in circles and circles until youve tried almost all permutations of possible paths. bleh

Also I know most gamers when they get stuck for extended periods of time they just look online what to do next and then continue from there.

Last edited:
Games need to have more value. The OP is correct, the vast majority of Wii games are far too short, with the exception Zelda, which is huge.

Also, I'm wondering where all the racing games - normally consoles are overwhelmed with them!

they are just the launch games, better ones will come out soon...im alwys gettin stuck in zelda lool

but tell the truth stewart do you play each game for extended periods of time? I know i played warioware for like 6 hours as soon as i got it and beat single player.

Are you doing this also?Playing games for like 8 hours as soon as you get it? Thats why i think you guys feel its short. Is the lacking of replay value. you guys seems to feel a game is completely done once youve beat it and really dont feel like going back and getting all the secrets maybe?

Wii is a revolution, people who button mash won't be good at wiimote, but we get gamecube games, and wii games with gamecube so we win both ways. :D If you wan't harder games (wait for online btw) don't get wario wares, wiiplay, medel of honors, excite truck ect. Get NFS, zelda(long to some peeps.) godfather, red steel(learning curve VERY steep.) ect.

Back