Wii gets exclusive Force Unleashed levels

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Speaking in the latest issue of NGamer magazine, Ed Tucker of developer house Krome Studios has confirmed that there will be five levels in the Wii version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed that aren't included on Xbox 360 and PS3.

"On the Wii we have places where the story veers off and we go and explore something, take the game in a different direction, like the Jedi Temple level," says Tucker. "There are five levels that aren't in the PS3 and 360 versions."

Also in the preview, Tucker talks about how the studio overcame the technical limitations of the console. "The likes of Euphoria and DMM are groundbreaking and we couldn't copy them.

"What we did was try to look at the concept and idea behind it and get as close as we could. The ragdolls in the Wii version are robust, they look really good."

For more from Tucker, including the specifics of lightsaber combat, how the force powers work and why the game includes characters that died in the last movie, look out for the latest issue of NGamer issue 20, on sale this Wednesday.

nice.....i think
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=180649

So, excuse the late-n00b question but will motion sensing be a huge factor in FU?

Cool on the new levels, I may get this if it doesn't turn out to be another Starwars game.

This is awesome...

Usually its the other way around, like screw the wii and make the other consoles versions better.

Good to see that some people actually see the potential in the wii!

Chewy said:
This is awesome...

Usually its the other way around, like screw the wii and make the other consoles versions better.

Good to see that some people actually see the potential in the wii!

uh no. its not like that the wii version was same as ps3 and 360 version and they put more lwvwls in wii but because wii version couldnt handle the advanced stuff so they put more levels in it.

vashivihan said:
uh no. its not like that the wii version was same as ps3 and 360 version and they put more lwvwls in wii but because wii version couldnt handle the advanced stuff so they put more levels in it.
But still it proves that they care about the wii version. They added more to the game in order to compensate for lost features. So it at the very least evens out.

What parts couldn't the wii handle though?

Chewy said:
But still it proves that they care about the wii version. They added more to the game in order to compensate for lost features. So it at the very least evens out.

What parts couldn't the wii handle though?

it says in the article. dmm and euphoria. they are engines that allowes developers to mimick real life movements in the game. sadly, wii cant handle that.

i think it needed trimming down with some physics engine, the realism effects, i think, but it won't be that much cheaper though, look at resident evil 4. What would be good though is if they made it a two disc so they perhaps would not have to trim the play time for graphics or vice versa!

there are times when i just hate wii because sure, nintendo tried to go for new controls instead of graphics but that sometimes comes back and bites you in the butt. this is a case like that. i would have loved to be able to play wii version with dmm and euphoria.:mad5:

So dmm and euphoria are pretty much really advanced versions of ragdoll?

Meh, rag doll is good enough for me to be perfectly honest. I mean it would be great if we had those things but its not too big of a loss. At least they are adding other stuff to make up for it.

Chewy said:
So dmm and euphoria are pretty much really advanced versions of ragdoll?

Meh, rag doll is good enough for me to be perfectly honest. I mean it would be great if we had those things but its not too big of a loss. At least they are adding other stuff to make up for it.

acrually no. with these engines, u can do amazing stuff. for example, if you are lifting a stormtrooper with force, he may try to grab onto something or shoot at u while in air. also metals, wood bend and splinter like real things. each storm trooper has its own seperate emotion and behave very realistically.

vashivihan said:
acrually no. with these engines, u can do amazing stuff. for example, if you are lifting a stormtrooper with force, he may try to grab onto something or shoot at u while in air. also metals, wood bend and splinter like real things. each storm trooper has its own seperate emotion and behave very realistically.

Oh, that sounds really awesome actually.

I can see why the wii wouldn't be able to handle it. Hopefully the game will be just as good with the motion controls and additional levels.

That article didn't really do anything to alleviate my hesitation towards this game with respect to it's differences with the other console(s) versions...

I don't know, I'll see what happens when it's released.

Back