Wii Glitches

dds

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
Hi everyone,

I just have a concern and would like everyones opinion on my issue
My issue is that I feel Wii at launch will be infirior to the one produced 4-6 months from launch date due to the fact that nintendo will fix all bugs (if there are any) and all of us would be stuck with sub par systems.

I have preorder my Wii with a bunch of games at EB and now im starting to second guess myself. Im really worried that there will be some bug in it that will totally ruin my wii experience and i will be forever jealous of those who baught one down the road.

Do you guys think there will be bugs with the ones at launch or am i just way to freaked out?

if there are a few bugs, knowing Nintendo, they will let us exchange our Wiis for no extra charge. or fix them like the DS Lites

do you guys think that there even will be glitches. I mean i know nintendo has a higher standard of producution, but its always a possibility. What are your thaughts, because im on the verge of picking one up and retunring it right away and getting it after xmass.

dds said:
do you guys think that there even will be glitches. I mean i know nintendo has a higher standard of producution, but its always a possibility. What are your thaughts, because im on the verge of picking one up and retunring it right away and getting it after xmass.
Well, take a look at all of Nintendo's consoles. Did the Gamecube have any major, well known problems? No. Did DS, other than the recent DS lite hinge cracks (which is only a cosmetic problem)? No. What about the N64? Nope.

Nintendo puts out quality consoles and games with hardly any problems if any at all. If there's some major flaw, Nintendo will probably do a recall and replace any malfunctioning units for free, or if it's something to do with the Wii's software (like the WiiChannels) they could just send out a software or firmware update via WiiConnect24; problem solved.

I think it's safe to buy Wii on release day and I'm the kind of person that will wait 6-10 months before buying the newest iPod or laptop.

If there are any glitches it will be in the software or actual physical products that the wii is made of not the hardware design.

out of all the nintendo products i have owned i have never had any problems with them they last for ever i have an n64 still working a original gb still working snes still working.

NeMeZyZ said:
doesnt nintendo look like microsoft to you? huh?!
What? How does Nintendo "look" like Micro$oft? If you mean they both have good, reliable products, I'll have to disagree. While Xbox is my favorite current gen system, it's definitly not to the quality that my GC was when I had it. The Xbox 360 had a horrible first batch, with heat issues and bugs, as well.

Could you elaborate?

so i guess its safe to say that knowing nintendos reputation the wiis down the road should be identical to the ones at launch...... i guess the fact that they are launching wii in the americas first over japan kinda still worries me because they normally do the opposite and any bugs found in the system during playing in japan gets fixed before it launches in the americas......something to think about

well, i baught a playstation 2 a month after launch and some playstations had problems and same with the xbox 360 some died with dead rising and some didn't i geuss it is the luck of the draw, im lucky because i have no experience with any video gameing problems

Back