Wii harware questions?

hound9812

WiiChat Member
Apr 6, 2007
Wii Online Code
2684-9302-3338-6956
Sorry about this very nooby question but I dont really know to much about hardware. So why does the wii not come with a hard drive do you not need on to save you games and data onto? also whats the advantage of having a 512MB compared to a 2GB, just dont really know what its used for sorry for this nooby question

a 2GB holds much more than a 256, and the internal harddrive will hold all the gamesaves, VCs and whatnot that you need

The Wii does not have a internal hard drive but it uses it on board 512MB of memory to save game and VC (Virtual Console) games. This may seem like a miniscule amount of memory but take into account that game saves are in kb's and low mb's. VC games are the same. NES games are in kb's! 64 games are the largest ones available on the VC right now. Resident Evil 2 was 512 Megabits and that's only 64 Megabytes! You have PLENTY of space for what's available. They are working on better ways, trust me. Also, you can use SD cards to transfer your Wii saves to it and the data for your VC games if you need more space. Oh yeah, 512MB is nothing compared to 2GB (2,000 MB).

Even if you run out of space on the 512MB internal Memory you can save VC games to your SD card. 2GB is just a larger memory card than a 512MB Card.

The wii does come with a built in 512mb flash memory so you can save your game saves and your VC titles. If it came with a large hard-drive or something similar, it would have gone up in price, so I think they kept it low to make it affordable.

u can get a 2 gig sd card for 30 bucks if u look for a sale

a smaller one will do the job if u dont load ur sd card up with mp3 (for excite truck and photo channel) and pix (dont take much space) plus loads of console games (if ur wii is full it will go on ur sc card so i hear)

2 gigers arent that expensive
but if u want the smaller one it will work fine too

Back