Wii has won the Battle but not the war!

kronau said:
i wanna 3d projector

I cant even imagin that... plus SONY SUUUUUCKS PS2 was great and now PS3 SUUUUUUUUUCKS even the PSP aint so great the PSP seems like it JUST BAAARLEY is prossesing the graphix and movement is AWFULY not smooth PLUS the camra in psp game are HOOOOOOORIBLE there WAY to close to the charactcor. anywho I think... no... I KNOW that the Wii will win the console wars.

By the way does anyone know if nintendo is gonna make a new handheld anytime soon, they must have started working on it

(PLEASE lets see the touch screen again)

There are 3 major factors that will determine the console winner.

1.) Price drops have to happen for all 3 consoles next year. Companies like EA agree the average consumer is still avoiding the consoles because of their high prices.
2.) Exclusives. The console with the most 3rd party exclusives that are high quality will probably win. This was how an inferior SNES beat out Jaguar, and an inferior NES beat out Genesis. Remember in all prior console wars the weakest/semiweakest console won every time.
3.) The final factor is a bit of a wildcard. It could come down to the best online community, or the cheapest production costs for game developers. The $60 game is clearly harming the game industry as the average consumer is buying 10-20 games a console generation (that's 5-6 years). This is fatal since hundreds of games are made a year. This only creates a monopoly for companies like EA and shuts out the small guys. Start up companies will flood to the console with the lowest prices and the large ones always follow.

a very good deduction Mr sagema, by highlighting those points about the smaller companies but then the better games, really makes you think that the the whole game industry scene can change easily and it looks very unpredictable now that you highlighted those points.

the ps2 had the wicked games, but wii has the possibility of now having millions (exaggerated) of possible developers making new games, the future looks cloudy.

merry Christmas!

Hell the way it looks it would seem the Wii is going to win. Lots of people say it will run out of games. Yeah ok...

You have the retro gamers and new comers. That along is a way bigger market by it self. There is no way in hell nintendo can meet that demand. Just looking at the fans of gaming from the atari on up you start to see why these "mini" games are so popular. Back in the day they where just called games period. You know stuff like catch this thing or run and jump over the pit. You know pit fall and frogger along with pac man and defender.

Also too nintendo converts more people into gamers than any other console. Many have said that if pokemon was on the home console it would just crush every thing simply because there is always more kids gaming.

The xbox does have a good catalog of games yet lots of people just are waiting for the really fun games to come out on that system. If nintendo has to many mini games then xbox has too many me too look at me games.

Then on top of that the HD systems have just priced them selves out of the market. If xbox had the strong line up that nintendo has for it's games then I would see MS winning yet really they mostly appeal to online gamers.

As for what is coming? Well games made by gamers is coming. The next gen will see the standard raised graphically simply because the chips will be affordable then. Wii has proven that it's about time for MS and SONY to really offer more of a universal controller. Online will become more important and not just for the online gaming reasons.

The next big thing? Well I just want to say the Wii is the closest to being a system on a chip. It's only going to get smaller and ATi is really good at making GPUs so by the time it is time to have a Wii2 you may just get a 2900 in there! Maybe two or 3 Wii' systems in there also all on a chip. This would be cool yet it would still over heat and eat your power source with a current gen 2900 in there!

So what am I hinting at? Well what if nintendo's next system is a handled and a console? OLED and FOLEDs are maybe around the corner. People are also working on making HDMI cables wireless too!

What happens when projectors or wear-ables displays(as in eye wear)become really cheap and have displays embedded?

Nintendo has already proved that the public and not just gamers want this. They have already proved they understand the angle to get software made for the public also.

What happens when you get the high tech nintendo back that once promised SGI type graphics back before the PS came out. Better yet what happens when we all can agree to pay 250-300 for a really kick a$$ system that has the best of the Wii and the xbox? I mean a large part of that is the fact that these chips and GPUs still cost lots of money. IBM makes some cool stuff yet AMD along with IBM would be a monster since we all know AMD can make cpus and GPUs and start next year I believe they will start having these systems benchmarked. Depending on what happens in 08 and 09 will decide when we see the next xbox and maybe even the Wii. Hope both will be backwards compatible and both competing on the same level. Which means MS will need a motion controller solution! Competion always yeilds better results.

kronau said:
i wanna 3d projector

Although I agree that a 3d projector would be wikedcool. I think that you are going down the same road the sony did with the PS3.

More processing power, better graphics bla bla bla (don't get me wrong, I still can't believe how good the PS3 looks)

Nintendo on the other hand said "Hey, lets make a really fun console system"

My wife got me a Wii only a couple of days ago and it came with DK barrel blast. For the first half hour I played it I was literally laughing while playing it is just that fun, never had any PS3 game do that for me. (only played a couple on a friends system)

From someone who is not really a gamer, Wii has first to market on this type of gaming experience and even if Xbox 720 and PS4 copy the same thing people will just say "Hey, they copied Nintendo"

Final $.02

What do you ask for when you need to blow your nose?

First to market.

very true wiitnesid, about competition always yields better results, we definatley wouldn't be where we are now, i mean console wise.
you wrekin the wii2 would play gamecube disc's too?
if you youtube ps3 v wii, according to one of those video's it too complex for developers to make gams for them, and much smaller developers are gonna go all out on the wii, cus it's cheaper and there's obviously crazy loads of money to be made cus of how many are out there.

jimbo said:
the wii was not a quick buck if it was i think they would rush the games also and what ive heard as that there good
Majority of the Wii games, actually, are rushed and bad/horrible. No creativity put into them, not even the freakin' boxart.
jimbo said:
we will get the next gen install ment about 2011 from all companys
Not true. Microsoft said that their next-gen console would be released in 2012 at the earliest, and Sony announced that they're looking at a 10 year life-span for the PS3. That's puts them around 2016.

ssbb_lover said:
They knew the controls would get old after a while
Get old. How long have keyboards been around? When did we switch them out for "new" controls. I just don't know how controls get "old". "Shake the remote" is just an alternate way of pressing "A".

360 has a disease the Red Ring of Death.. 360 will never be #1 for that reason. Too unreliable

You spend $350+ to get a:

red.ring.of.death.jpg

No way

Last edited:
Back