wii haters!?

That is of course you can actually play the game on your 360. Unless you got/get the Red Ring of Death. The 360 is the most expensive in terms of overall price (monthly fees included.)

And one the ps3 is fully exploited the 360 won't be able to keep up so well. But by that time the successor to the 360 will be well on it's way.

If you want longevity and are willing to wait for the killer aps to come then get a ps3, it has enough potential to do amazing things....eventually.

The 360 is for you if you're well accustomed to the Microsoft brand. If you liked the xbox then the 360 is more of the same only better. The drawback? They nickle and dime you to death in order to fully get the most out of your console.
The Xbox live fees weren't so bad last gen, because xbox live was revolutionary to the console division of online gaming.

But then the 360/wii /ps3 are launched. Wifi is now standard and is expected out of current technology. So suddenly the groundbreaking interface of XBL isn't so groundbreaking anymore. It's just normal. Plus the fact that there is no built in wifi.
So You have to buy the adapter for it which is another $50.
So the 360 is a bit of a gamble and there's only a matter of time before the ps3 and wii pick up enough steam to turn the 360 into a risky business venture.

The wii may be "gimmicky" it may be "a re-invented game cube" but considering what little resources and capital Nintendo had; to come up with the wii? I think they did a damn good job.
Considering that they made little to profit in game cube sales. They haven;t been on top since the Snes. Both the N64 and the Game cube were considered failures in the end.
The wii was a desperation move on their part. Sure the results aren't as polished as we'd like. (the nun chuck accelerometer sucks) and the graphics aren't amazing when stacked beside the other two power house machines, but they're still good in their own right.

The wii suffers from lack of serious 3rd party support. And also a lot of the "hardcore" crowd feels that the wii market is catering to the casual "non-gamer" more so than the fans. Also the online service for the wii is limited at best right now, making communication over the internet via wii a mixed bag.

All three consoles have their ups and downs. It's all a matter of taste.

Are you implying that every person who hates the Wii is just denying it's greatness? There can't be one, single, solitary person who just...doesn't like the Wii?

If so, that's completely ignorant. There happen to be people who *E-gasp!* dislike the Wii. I have a Wii, I like it alright, but I think Nintendo would have made a better move by sticking with the same controller instead of using the "Wiimote" to off-set all the other things the Wii lacks. Online, graphics, memory...I think it's going to hurt the Wii in the long run. There's no way to "upgrade" it in the future like you can with the PS3 and 360. I know a ton of people who use the GC controller for all their Wii games, doesn't that totally defeat the purpose of the Wii? You basically just payed $250 to play games that are only going to be on that platform. No better graphics, hardly any better memory.

I don't mean for it to seem like I'm hating on the Wii, because I can't wait for Mario Kart and Brawl. I've been a member here since the opening of the site and stayed for a reason...I love my Wii. I just hope you're not thinking that every single person that so called "hates" the Wii is just in denial or something. There are those who don't like the controller-scheme and would rather buy a different console.

livid2639 said:
as we all know theres always one of your friends or person that you know that cant stand the wii. if you bring it up they instantly say "360/ps3 is better)

But whats the truth about why they hate wii so much?
it might be because the wii is the top selling system, even though they say " i dont care about the numbers" seceratly they do.

i actually pulled this from a website that is just to complain about how "stupid pointless the wii is" can you belive theres actually a website to just beach about the wii?

Edit: I;m reffering to the quited part within the OP's post, not the OP.

my personal opinion for people that hate on the Wii is that they want one, but think there to tough to own it. i have friends that love to play it, then go to a party, Wii gets brought up and whammo!! "i hate the wii, its so stupid, ps3 is so much better, wii is like the ps3s crap"
that ticks me off

anyone can add to this if they would like.

As I read this rant, I saw that this person have never tried a wii, so how can he say it's crap? He mighta read about the controller and saw a few images, didn't understand it, and because of that, he concluded it was crap. Never mind people like that and enjoy your wii.

EDIT, for some weird reason the quoted part didn't print, and that what I was refering to, not the OP.

Last edited:
For me at the moment.

NeoGeo>PC>360>DS>Wii>PS2>Dreamcast(Shenmue)>Genesis>PSP>PS3(haven't played it enough, will hit the roof when Square's core games hit the market)

Last edited:
I realize their choice of control scheme limits the system, but it was the only thing they could do to try and make the console more appealing to thing non-gamers.
They lost the hardcore crowd during the N64/Gamecube generations. They know that most males under 18 are used to Sony or Microsoft.

The seeds they sowed in the 8 and 16 bit generations of gaming were reaching their end. The roots only go so deep, and a lot of the people who were raised on the NES and Super NES "grew up" and moved on from gaming.

They were detached from the current youth, and they tried so hard to appeal to the kids. (which back in the day were your target audience not the young adults) That the older crowd abandoned them due their neglect of more mature titles to keep with the times.

The wii was a desperate attempt to regain some ground, they knew the only way they could get back into the game was to re-appeal to those who stood by them so long ago. But how do you get someone who hasn't touched a console in 10 years to rekindle their old past time when they're overwhelmed by the complexity of new technologies?

By making a controller that felt simple again, hence the wii-mote. It seems gimmicky to us but to their target audience it was just what they needed.

Nintendo also had a VERY limited budget on which to make the Wii. They lost millions of dollars due to the back to back failures of the n64 and the game cube. So the wii-mote was the most affordable answer they had.

The reason for no Hard Drive? Too expensive for them to mass produce.
The reason for no HD? Their target area (Japan) is still predominantly using standard definition televisions.
They figured the technophiles would go after the ps3 or 360 over the wii anyway due to their impressive benchmark specs. So as far as they know the only people who would be concerned with HD were rooting for the other teams anyway.

They at least realize, finally, that the internet exists in almost every household, and added built in wi-fi. That at least we can be thankful for. Also we don't have to pay them to use it. (Micro soft could take a lesson from that.)

By the time when you can upgrade your 360 or ps3 to fit the new wave of technology (which I doubt will be possible.) The successor to the wii will already be out ,and will be able to keep pace with the upgraded ps3 and xbox. And the fact that there is only falsh memory card to store your info on makes it simple to carry your VC games over from wii to the new system.

As far as I know the ps3 and the 360 are only able to upgrade their firmware and hard drives. I don't think you can send it back to Sony/Micro Soft and have them replace the Graphics chip with an updated model and just send it back. Wouldn't they have to change the entire architecture thus requiring an entirely new board?
If so then why not just but a new console altogether,instead of just an upgraded graphics card when both are going to require pretty much a whole new system to accommodate the new technology?

Last edited:
Who cares about total console sales numbers. People that are hung up on the number of consoles sold should get a life. Seriously. What is the point of caring?? I mean really, what do you get out of it?
Not like you are benefiting from sales or anything. Plus, the numbers are skewed anyways since they all we're released on different dates. Oh well, stupid numbers.
Number lovers go drink a warm glass of shut the hell up :shocked:

Extra Life Mushroom said:
I realize their choice of control scheme limits the system, but it was the only thing they could do to try and make the console more appealing to thing non-gamers.
They lost the hardcore crowd during the N64/Gamecube generations. They know that most males under 18 are used to Sony or Microsoft.

The seeds they sowed in the 8 and 16 bit generations of gaming were reaching their end. The roots only go so deep, and a lot of the people who were raised on the NES and Super NES "grew up" and moved on from gaming.

They were detached from the current youth, and they tried so hard to appeal to the kids. (which back in the day were your target audience not the young adults) That the older crowd abandoned them due their neglect of more mature titles to keep with the times.

The wii was a desperate attempt to regain some ground, they knew the only way they could get back into the game was to re-appeal to those who stood by them so long ago. But how do you get someone who hasn't touched a console in 10 years to rekindle their old past time when they're overwhelmed by the complexity of new technologies?

By making a controller that felt simple again, hence the wii-mote. It seems gimmicky to us but to their target audience it was just what they needed.

Nintendo also had a VERY limited budget on which to make the Wii. They lost millions of dollars due to the back to back failures of the n64 and the game cube. So the wii-mote was the most affordable answer they had.

The reason for no Hard Drive? Too expensive for them to mass produce.
The reason for no HD? Their target area (Japan) is still predominantly using standard definition televisions.
They figured the technophiles would go after the ps3 or 360 over the wii anyway due to their impressive benchmark specs. So as far as they know the only people who would be concerned with HD were rooting for the other teams anyway.

They at least realize, finally, that the internet exists in almost every household, and added built in wi-fi. That at least we can be thankful for. Also we don't have to pay them to use it. (Micro soft could take a lesson from that.)

By the time when you can upgrade your 360 or ps3 to fit the new wave of technology (which I doubt will be possible.) The successor to the wii will already be out ,and will be able to keep pace with the upgraded ps3 and xbox. And the fact that there is only falsh memory card to store your info on makes it simple to carry your VC games over from wii to the new system.

As far as I know the ps3 and the 360 are only able to upgrade their firmware and hard drives. I don't think you can send it back to Sony/Micro Soft and have them replace the Graphics chip with an updated model and just send it back. Wouldn't they have to change the entire architecture thus requiring an entirely new board?
If so then why not just but a new console altogether,instead of just an upgraded graphics card when both are going to require pretty much a whole new system to accommodate the new technology?

Wow, Very well said. :yesnod:

wow big deal they finaly out sold some one, after being on the bottom of the totam pole for like the last 10 years. Its not the reason i dislike the wii, i don't realy dislike the wii itself but the crap that comes out for the wii. If better games came out for the wii meaning games that have innovative thoughts put into it not just a port, or a quick cashin or copy of something already done then im sure less people would talk down on the wii.

The wii is a great SYSTEM but most of the SOFTWARE is garbage and does the system no justice, except for the few games NINTENDO brings out every two to three months apart if not longer. I don't like what comes out for it and who its geard towards when this system can be more than, and better than what it is being used for.

^^ i agree with him entirely..

i have all 3 systems and i hate them all aswell..

the wii isnt releasing many "worthy" games as i had hoped.

the 360 is releasing "hyped" up games that are good and pretty. but are sadly very short.

and ps3... well i havent bought a game yet :X so i cant say anything.

im rather disappointed in all of this. how gameplay limits graphics. and how graphics limit longevity of a game. i remember the days where graphics meant nothing and games were good and fun.

like castlevania. or even the old school final fantasy series. where games took a bit longer than a day or two to beat.

but ohh well im completely offtopic i suppose. just felt like sharing :D

Back in those days it wasn't all about the money, yes money was important but this industry wasn't for every one then. You had quality games becuase it was a set group of people that enjoyed what they did, and created great games. Now that the game industry has gotten bigger than the movie and other entertainment industries its all about the quick buck, and the most hyped or advertised system or game.

What i find funny is that every one makes a big deal of the wii being sold out and hard to find, but last time i check the first year it was the same way for the 360. and even the ps2 when it came out. You even had 360's going for 1000.00 and up on ebay. The differnce i see is that xbox increased its production rate while nintendo plays the hype game. Just think about it don't you find it funny how its like no wiis for like two months and then magicaly on black friday its 350,00 wii's or more i forget the number, and then wow magicaly there is no more. THen i bet right before and after christmas there will be another big shipment. Its the oldes trick in the buisness world to create demand. You put out a product then you announce its sold out, then you get every one paying attention to it being sold out, then you release a little here and make it sold out again. so now it looks like its bigger then it realy is. Microsoft was going to keep playing the same game but it ran into its red ring problem, and it wanted to flood the market before playstation came out, to close the gap it had the previous year.

yungblood6 said:
wow big deal they finaly out sold some one, after being on the bottom of the totam pole for like the last 10 years. Its not the reason i dislike the wii, i don't realy dislike the wii itself but the crap that comes out for the wii. If better games came out for the wii meaning games that have innovative thoughts put into it not just a port, or a quick cashin or copy of something already done then im sure less people would talk down on the wii.

The wii is a great SYSTEM but most of the SOFTWARE is garbage and does the system no justice, except for the few games NINTENDO brings out every two to three months apart if not longer. I don't like what comes out for it and who its geard towards when this system can be more than, and better than what it is being used for.

Thank you, Younglvood 6. Thank you. I feel the same way.

yungblood6 said:
The differnce i see is that xbox increased its production rate while nintendo plays the hype game.

Seriously dude, can you just look past your flawed logic and see the facts right in front of your face?

The Wii has outsold the 360's 2 year sales total in one year. That means the Wii is selling at twice the rate of the XBox 360. Nintendo has increased production, but there is only so much they can do when they are already making over a million consoles a month.

As far as the Wii only having bad ports and non-innovative games, that is such BS. Just the fact that you can do normal real-life movements to play games on a computer is innovative. Why do you keep denying that on thread after thread?

And just because they haven't put out some game with gore level so high it looks like your tv is bleeding, you claim that there are no games for the hardcore gamers. Yet, MP3 and Mario Galaxy are the two highest rated games of the year. Even better than Halo 3, which is basically a prettied up Halo. Oh, that's right, making things look prettier is innovation in your book.

There really is no point in arguing with you, because your argument points are worthless and every time you are proven wrong you change to a different stance.

Unfortunately the Wii's AAA titles are very limited. The bulk of the Wii's games are digital manure.

Many believe that the Wii is going to save the gaming industry by attracting non-gamers to it. I tend to think quite differently. As the Wii sells more and more consoles developers will abandon high production value games in order to produce the half baked party titles the Wii is infested with. On the long run no one will be producing the Final Fantasys, the Halos, the Gears of Wars, the Gran Turismos and even perhaps the Zeldas we, the hardcore gamers enjoy.

There is a thing call competition. If it were ever to come to that, then some young upstart development company would produce those games and get high reviews for them.

Back