Wii have an update

Bigjake52

Wii fan Boy till the end
Jul 26, 2007
MarsBars
Wii Online Code
3449-8056-9185-4637
There is a new update for the wii it is 3.1U. I just did it now i do not know what it does i hope something cool.
It lets you use your keybor on the internet chanle :) Yay

From http://www.el33tonline.com/main/show_news/3461
The internets are abuzz this morning with news of the latest firmware update for the Wii, version 3.1U. In light of the rumour that Nintendo is holding a press conference today, many gamers are hoping that this update will somehow be linked with whatever may be revealed today.

But I am getting ahead of myself. Let’s stick to the basics – Nintendo has released Firmware Update 3.1U for the Wii. Just to warn you that my Wii did not glow blue with a message indicating this update so you may have to go into the Wii system settings and force an update.

Basically the Wii’s Internet Channel has been updated and here is a rundown of what the update has added. Wii owners will now be able to send links to friends as well as copy text from pages viewed in the Internet Channel and use that as input in the search field. It also makes it USB keyboard compatible and links received on the Wii message board now open in Internet Channel.

Although it was thought that the Voting Channel would receive significant changes, none are visible.
some more
- USB keyboard compatibility, Internet Channel
- links from Wii message board will now open in the Internet Channel
- send links to friends from the Internet Channel
- copy/paste text from pages
- Everybody Votes... unknown atm.

Last edited:
Yeeeep! I updated my wii yesterday and I didnt know about the link thing until someone sent me a link and it opened my wiinternet. LOL. My mouth just dropped open. lol! So cool! Hey, I was wondering...will a PS2 keyboard work..or do you have to have a regular ole keyboard or wireless keyboard?

I use a ps2 keybord on my wii and it works good

Essence said:
Yeeeep! I updated my wii yesterday and I didnt know about the link thing until someone sent me a link and it opened my wiinternet. LOL. My mouth just dropped open. lol! So cool! Hey, I was wondering...will a PS2 keyboard work..or do you have to have a regular ole keyboard or wireless keyboard?
I wouldnt use a wireless keyboard. It uses IR rays to communicate, which is what teh Wiimote's sensing device is. It'll really jack up whatever your wiimote is doing.

M4573RM1ND said:
I wouldnt use a wireless keyboard. It uses IR rays to communicate, which is what teh Wiimote's sensing device is. It'll really jack up whatever your wiimote is doing.

But the IR rays are going in the opposite direction. Just like your TV IR (which is how most remote work). Any IR that goes from you to the TV area will be fine, it is IR that goes from the TV area towards you that is a potential problem.

Hmmm..maybe it would be safer if I just use my PS2 keyboard. lol! Dont want any surprises. lol!

you can only copy by highlighting text (hold a)
then clixk on search tool, it will only copy into that

M4573RM1ND said:

Not all wireless keyboards are infrared. Most of them use a radio receiver that connects to the computer and the keyboard transmits to that without using IR.

Back