Wii HD could damage PS3 comeback

Let us not forget how Sega pissed off the owners of the Saturn when they jumped ship early to support the DC. Even though the DC was in every way a better console then anything else out there at the time, it infuriated both Devs. and Gamers that they had to reinvest in a whole new bunch of hardware. Backwards compatibility would soften the blow, but not enough to make it a hurt free proposition for Nintendo.

The Wii is the best selling console of this generation, and the software gets better all the time. Games like Metroid Prime 3, Madworld, and Deadly Creatures are unique and excellent titles that are only on Wii. COD: WAW, Star Wars: TFU and Ghostbusters were all better on the Wii IMHO (and I have played them on all other systems), even though this is a matter of opinion on my part, there are respected reviews that agree with me on the matter.

So the titles are coming, and the Devs are jumping on the Wii bandwagon, and are getting crafty with the hardware.

I just see no reason for Nintendo to make a HD move right now...

Well, Wii HD is probably gonna come out. They are planning to do that so wii can last long in the 7th generation of consoles. I really do hate the thought of buying another wii though.

Wii HD'll come out next generation, and since it has both graphics & awesome controls it should be an easy win.

Actually I read somewhere there might not be a next generation of consoles, since ps3 and 360 can update itself. But it said they'll still release wii HD to catch up with the graphics. Well when I meant there might not be a next gen, I meant that this gen will last much longer or in other words, "a virtual lifetime"

Actually I read somewhere there might not be a next generation of consoles, since ps3 and 360 can update itself. But it said they'll still release wii HD to catch up with the graphics. Well when I meant there might not be a next gen, I meant that this gen will last much longer or in other words, "a virtual lifetime"

You can't "update" CPU's and graphics chipsets in consoles. Well, you might technically be able to but it's not feasible.

True but the ps3 and 360's graphics are about the highest they can get so far. They would have to spend much more money for a console with better graphics. And updates can make the online functions last pretty long.

Nah, there will be a next gen, graphics/hardware will continue to advance = 360/PS3 will look like GameCube in 10 years. Yes, since this gen is almost up to date/was up to date with PC hardware it'll take longer for the hardware to be "old" so the next gen won't come faster than 5-7 more years.

Back