Wii HD help!

keenanjames

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2006
Just wondered if anyone can help with this problem at all.

I was playing my wii using the 60hz (480i) setting and noticed that zelda did not look all that great, kinda cloudy and not very sharp at all. i have a decent HDTV thats a few weeks old so i was kinda confused as to why.

i noticed that on the wii menu setup there was a greyed out EDTV/HDTV (480p) setting that could only be selected if i had the right cable.

i bought the hd cable for the wii from ebay and plugged it all in, its all in right as far as i can see and i have selected the hdtv option on the wii menu.

the problem that i have is that it looks no different as far as i can see??! surely this cable is supposed to up the quality as i have been told by many people! am i missing something?

its all plugged into the right ports, the option for 480p is selected and i cant seem to find anything else that need to be enabled on my set! i tried it on 3 hdtvs and its all the same!?

any help at all?

cheers guys.

the hd cables are plugged into the right sockets ie blue green red ect, the the actual wii screen comes up on av4 on my set.

i looked through all the menus ans cant find anything?

its really annoying me, surely zelda is not supposed to look like this?

I doubt that you will see a big difference between 480i and 480p, the only major difference that should be able to see is in the motion of the game. When running in 480p the image should remain sharper than when running the system in 480i mode. Hopefully, someone else can back me up on this, as I haven't purchased the component cable to see the wii's "hd" capabilities for myself.

you might be right, but i have heard alot about how this wire makes the picture so much better but i really dont see it at all?

i looked on youtube and saw some footage of the game that looks alot sharper than mine and the 2 other sets i have tried it on.

yeah, i get that part.

i saw zelda running on my friends regular plasma and it looks better than the three hdtvs i have tried the game on thats all.

its no big deal but i just thought i might be missing something thats all

Back