Wii + HDTV = CRAP ???

are you sure? I was sure it was mpeg 4... but Ill believe you! Still, that doesnt change my point.

Who cares how the games look as long as there fun to play

still playing yars revenge 20 years on

Ok here are some questions for the HD know it all people... What is better S-Video cords or Component Video cords. Also what resolution do they each support. Do they support progressive scan?

Can somebody please post some pictures of the rear of the Wii?

Wilko21 said:
22082.jpg

Also, the back of a classic controller:
22072.jpg

Wilko21 said:
Ok here are some questions for the HD know it all people... What is better S-Video cords or Component Video cords. Also what resolution do they each support. Do they support progressive scan?

Component video cables are better than S-video, although it's not a horribly noticeable difference on my TV, but then again my TV is an off brand 27" tube TV, so you may see more of a difference if you have a Sony TV or something like that.

As for resolution, sorry, I don't know that, but I believe Component gives you 480p.

Sovieto is an idiot to think that all this hardware talk is crap. Knowing how the TV and the input system works is an important part of watching TV - if you don't know how to connect a tv to anything (even an antenna or a powerpoint) you'll very likely to have a useless piece of sh!t that doesn't do what you want because you didn't know how to use the basics of connecting stuff together.

These kinds of people who don't know how tvs connect to other peripheral devices (Input/Output etc) must not know how a computer works then... How will they learn in a technology dominated society that relies on computer networks to do everything for them?

I had a look at the back of the Wii and all I can see is the standard composite cable connection (the grey/black plug on the rear of the Wii). The thick white connection cable appears to be the power plug. I'm not sure of the thin wire round connection cable... Anyone enlighten me on that?

Dark Prinny - I really don't care about graphics as long as I enjoy playing a GREAT game!

one big factor is the progressive versus interlaced also, 480i is standard def(interlaced), 480p is enhanced(progressive) the Wii supports both, so on your HDTV you can play say LOZ:TP in 480p and get pretty good quality for the resolution, if you want the exact differences in interlaced vs. progressive scan goto wikipedia, thats too much to type out, and chances are mpeg4 will be supported since the gamcube supported it, which means high quality video for little space, my question is I heard somewhere there was going to be monitor out from the Wii direct has anyone heard this official? If so then I can get the progessive scan support without paying an arm and leg.

Last edited:
Back