Wii headset

I guess...

I dont see why they would release a headset for Mario Kart though. Maybe Animal Crossing, but the majority of Animal Crossing players are under 13. So I dont see why there either. And if it was going to be for Brawl, wouldnt it have been announced by now?

^ ooo ya they did that with the keyboard so why wouldnt they just do it with headsets. ill just use my dads ear piece that he has for his blackberry haha. ill play mario kart while looking like an important business man! haha

nic7 said:
They might also just update the wii's firmware to support bluetooth headsets. Which I'd be fine with as well.
Yes. This will hopefully happen sometime soon. I just bought a USB headset with no driver disk or anything required that I am sure would work with the Wii. The only problem is, which games would implement it? Brawl will have downloadable content, but downloadable updates? Brawl 2.0?

Also, Super Smash Bros. Melee was rated T so who is to say that Brawl won't be the same? When you think about it, Pokemon has voice chatting, why couldn't a more violent game like Brawl have it? Connection issues could be a problem though as he said there may be some lag fighting distant opponents. Add voice chat and closer opponents may be laggy also.

Last edited:
uloseiwin said:
I guess...

I dont see why they would release a headset for Mario Kart though. Maybe Animal Crossing, but the majority of Animal Crossing players are under 13. So I dont see why there either. And if it was going to be for Brawl, wouldnt it have been announced by now?

Whats the age have to do with anything.
Like he already mentioned the headset for DS was released with Pokemon and whats the vast majority that play that game?

uloseiwin said:
I guess...

1. I dont see why they would release a headset for Mario Kart though. 2. Maybe Animal Crossing, but the majority of Animal Crossing players are under 13. So I dont see why there either. 3. And if it was going to be for Brawl, wouldnt it have been announced by now?

1. Why not? I know I wouldn't mind talking to my friends as I'm beating them in a race.
2. See: Pokemon
3. It's Nintendo. One of the most secretive companies on Earth. (And what way to get people excited about Brawl but keeping it a secret until the last moment)

And Nimoi's right. Brawl has already been rated T by the ESRB.

Last edited:
Nimoi said:
Yes. This will hopefully happen sometime soon. I just bought a USB headset with no driver disk or anything required that I am sure would work with the Wii. The only problem is, which games would implement it? Brawl will have downloadable content, but downloadable updates? Brawl 2.0?

Whose to say the Brawl that just went gold or whatever isnt already headset compatable? Ninty could just be keeping that little tid bit of information a secret.

Wulf said:
'uloseiwin' Just made you look like an ass.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA. Pwned. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Note to self: Don't even post after working over night for 9 hours, of which involved pushing pallets which weighed close to a ton (Literally 2,000+ pounds because our pseudo-forklift just barely could lift it) for 3 hours straight.

crazyman2 said:
Whose to say the Brawl that just went gold or whatever isnt already headset compatable? Ninty could just be keeping that little tid bit of information a secret.
Yes they could and that would be awesome if that were the case but I really doubt it. Though they did recently announce a possible future headset implementation for the Wii, it just feels like they could have told us about this sooner. It seems to be just an idea they are toying with the way they spoke about it.

We can hope though. :)

I doubt that if they release a headset games need to be compatible with the headset

That would mean that ALL the games released prior to the headset are non usable.

It would be much more logical to release a headset service that you can use next to your games. That way the older games still work with the headset.

Altough logic is not always the way nintendo goes ;)

cyberzomby said:
I doubt that if they release a headset games need to be compatible with the headset

That would mean that ALL the games released prior to the headset are non usable.

It would be much more logical to release a headset service that you can use next to your games. That way the older games still work with the headset.

Altough logic is not always the way nintendo goes ;)

oh ya that makes sence. just make the headset software outside of games. and make it so all blue tooth headsets work. right now! yay!

Yes that would probably be the best option by FAR. have a "Voice Chat Channel" which is sort of like Msn, only with voice chat. your able to then close the channel, launch a game and play online while your still speaking through the Voice chat channel. But then theres the problem of only being able to speak to friends. But thats where Wiichat comes in :p

Yeh and the problem of how to talk to the people that are in the same online room or game.

Didnt think of that before :p

Back