Wii Help and Questions

Kendoguk

WiiChat Member
Dec 18, 2006
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Wii Online Code
7371-7092-7644-6703
Riteo i live in the UK and got a Wii today and was feeling great until i got home and realised that there was no Ethernet port i dont have wireless just wired, so how will i be able to connect it to the net.

Secondly i noticed that is said that i needed to be connected to to net to get the update for the SD cards so does this mean i cannot save anygame at all unless i get the net?

cheers Ken

Kendoguk said:
Riteo i live in the UK and got a Wii today and was feeling great until i got home and realised that there was no Ethernet port i dont have wireless just wired, so how will i be able to connect it to the net.

Secondly i noticed that is said that i needed to be connected to to net to get the update for the SD cards so does this mean i cannot save anygame at all unless i get the net?

cheers Ken

1. Here is an ethernet connector: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802615

2. You don't need any update to save games since the Wii doesn't use the SD card to save games; rather games get saved to the internal memory.

Kendoguk said:
Ah cheers i found the lan adaptor on ebay for a decent price. ill get that soon and then i'll be online

Make sure you didn't just buy any old lan adapter; only a very select few work because Nintendo only has drivers for a particular chipset used by a select few lan adapters.

csiguy4u said:
Make sure you didn't just buy any old lan adapter; only a very select few work because Nintendo only has drivers for a particular chipset used by a select few lan adapters.

i ordered an offical one :yesnod: cheers for the warning though

Back