Wii Home!

Let_It_Burn

WiiChat Member
Feb 9, 2007
Wii Online Code
4265-9989-6310-1490
Since PS3 is getting their online community to a whole new level do you guys think it would be time for the Wii to get an online chat thing that looks like what the PS3 Home is going to be all about! I was kinda jealous after watching a trailer of that Home thing!

Any words from nintendo there will be a chat place with Miis?

PS3 Home looks way better than xbox live... did you actually see any trailers of it...

BTW I am not a big PS3 fan I'm just fiending for some online on the Wii!

I agree...I hope Nintendo launches something akin to that for us. I don't know if it will use the Miis or not but it has to be something. That Home trailer was incredible despite the fact that I despise Sony with a passion.

Too bad Kotaku's rumor gave away the surprise factor! A Wii Home would be cool. I can imagine the Sony fanboys starting numerous threads that Nintendo is copying Sony though if that happened.

i'm ashamed to admit that I was actually a bit concerned about this home when i kept hearing about it. but now that i've seen it, i find it quite boring. That concept has been done so many times it's ridiculous and I personally can't find anything exciting about spending all my time walking around an environment and building a house and chatting and blah blah blah. If i want to build a space with furniture and virtual people, I'll play the sims. If i want to talk to people online, I'll get online in a chatroom or AIM or use the phone or something. I dont want to spend all my time on a console doing that stuff, I want to be playing games. Not lounging around a fake apartment showing off my "stuff". *yawn!*

Sorry sony, but as cool as you think that is. It's not. Im sure many people will jump on it for whatever reason, but it's certainly not for me.

PS Home is neat, but I don't think I would ever really use it. I'm not really into sims or online chatting. Hence why I have yet to add anyone to my friend list.

I'm sure Nintendo has a lot planned for the Miis that hasn't been announced yet. And seeing how 3rd party has just been allowed to incorporate Miis into their games, I'm sure there'll be interesting twists in the future... friend codes and all.

Isn't there for Nintendo gamers to suggest to Nintendo to freaking step up and produce a little more mature games, and by the way PS3 totally copies off anything Nintendo tries to offer!

Darth_Zant said:
i'm ashamed to admit that I was actually a bit concerned about this home when i kept hearing about it. but now that i've seen it, i find it quite boring. That concept has been done so many times it's ridiculous and I personally can't find anything exciting about spending all my time walking around an environment and building a house and chatting and blah blah blah. If i want to build a space with furniture and virtual people, I'll play the sims. If i want to talk to people online, I'll get online in a chatroom or AIM or use the phone or something. I dont want to spend all my time on a console doing that stuff, I want to be playing games. Not lounging around a fake apartment showing off my "stuff". *yawn!*

Sorry sony, but as cool as you think that is. It's not. Im sure many people will jump on it for whatever reason, but it's certainly not for me.

So you think the Wii's News channel, Internet channel, Vote channel, etc., are pointless and boring. I mean it's goal is to keep you on the console so you can get everything you need in one place.

I would love to see something like this for the Wii but I don't think the system has enough power to pull something of this scale off. I could be wrong. Though I will wait to see what Nintendo gives us.

what about achievements?

and to the above poster, if you are supposed to be able to get everything you need in one place with a console, why can't you even play or stream video on the Wii

that looked pretty cool, Nintendo should do this with the Miis, I probably wouldn't spend much time doing it, but its still a cool idea

pizzaluvr said:
what about achievements?

and to the above poster, if you are supposed to be able to get everything you need in one place with a console, why can't you even play or stream video on the Wii

I should have said, attempt. And you can stream videos on the Wii...just not that great.

tirminyl said:
So you think the Wii's News channel, Internet channel, Vote channel, etc., are pointless and boring. I mean it's goal is to keep you on the console so you can get everything you need in one place.

I would love to see something like this for the Wii but I don't think the system has enough power to pull something of this scale off. I could be wrong. Though I will wait to see what Nintendo gives us.

No i think the wii channels are fine, because they are very concise. You get what you need, and leave. The PS3 home is nothing more than The Sims, except that it's not a game. Its a virtual chat tool, and I find THAT boring. To spend so much time building rooms and communities and what not with no real purpose other than to talk to people and show them what you made. If it were an actual GAME like The Sims or Animal Crossing where there was real things to do, but with the online chat feature built in like that, then yeah they'd have something going on.

But I'm saying that the way it is now, it looks very boring.

Looks neat but I could see all the sony fanboys saying Nintendo copied Sony.

Well I would have two words for them...MOTION SENSORS

Back