Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii Home!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by Let_It_Burn, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Let_It_Burn

Let_It_Burn WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 4265-9989-6310-1490
    4265-9989-6310-1490
    Since PS3 is getting their online community to a whole new level do you guys think it would be time for the Wii to get an online chat thing that looks like what the PS3 Home is going to be all about! I was kinda jealous after watching a trailer of that Home thing!

Any words from nintendo there will be a chat place with Miis?

2. pizzaluvr

pizzaluvr world crown chimpokomastr

ummm... or maybe what XBOX Live has been like for 1.5 years?

3. Let_It_Burn

Let_It_Burn WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 4265-9989-6310-1490
    4265-9989-6310-1490
    PS3 Home looks way better than xbox live... did you actually see any trailers of it...

BTW I am not a big PS3 fan I'm just fiending for some online on the Wii!

4. MasterJedi2U

MasterJedi2U Banned

Wii Friend Code: 5251-2094-6508-9892
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    I agree...I hope Nintendo launches something akin to that for us. I don't know if it will use the Miis or not but it has to be something. That Home trailer was incredible despite the fact that I despise Sony with a passion.

5. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

#5 bugmenot, Mar 7, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  6. RedProdigy

RedProdigy NOD fanatic

Too bad Kotaku's rumor gave away the surprise factor! A Wii Home would be cool. I can imagine the Sony fanboys starting numerous threads that Nintendo is copying Sony though if that happened.

7. Darth_Zant

Darth_Zant WiiChat Member

i'm ashamed to admit that I was actually a bit concerned about this home when i kept hearing about it. but now that i've seen it, i find it quite boring. That concept has been done so many times it's ridiculous and I personally can't find anything exciting about spending all my time walking around an environment and building a house and chatting and blah blah blah. If i want to build a space with furniture and virtual people, I'll play the sims. If i want to talk to people online, I'll get online in a chatroom or AIM or use the phone or something. I dont want to spend all my time on a console doing that stuff, I want to be playing games. Not lounging around a fake apartment showing off my "stuff". *yawn!*

Sorry sony, but as cool as you think that is. It's not. Im sure many people will jump on it for whatever reason, but it's certainly not for me.

8. Rahnter

Rahnter WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 7177-5401-1319-4531
    7177-5401-1319-4531
    PS Home is neat, but I don't think I would ever really use it. I'm not really into sims or online chatting. Hence why I have yet to add anyone to my friend list.

I'm sure Nintendo has a lot planned for the Miis that hasn't been announced yet. And seeing how 3rd party has just been allowed to incorporate Miis into their games, I'm sure there'll be interesting twists in the future... friend codes and all.

9. Wildninja01

Wildninja01 WiiChat Member

Isn't there for Nintendo gamers to suggest to Nintendo to freaking step up and produce a little more mature games, and by the way PS3 totally copies off anything Nintendo tries to offer!

10. tirminyl

tirminyl WiiChat Member

So you think the Wii's News channel, Internet channel, Vote channel, etc., are pointless and boring. I mean it's goal is to keep you on the console so you can get everything you need in one place.

I would love to see something like this for the Wii but I don't think the system has enough power to pull something of this scale off. I could be wrong. Though I will wait to see what Nintendo gives us.

11. pizzaluvr

what about achievements?

and to the above poster, if you are supposed to be able to get everything you need in one place with a console, why can't you even play or stream video on the Wii

12. Roadrunner32

Roadrunner32 WMFL Commisioner

Wii Friend Code: 5919-7119-9790-6555
    5919-7119-9790-6555
    that looked pretty cool, Nintendo should do this with the Miis, I probably wouldn't spend much time doing it, but its still a cool idea

13. tirminyl

tirminyl WiiChat Member

I should have said, attempt. And you can stream videos on the Wii...just not that great.

14. Darth_Zant

Darth_Zant WiiChat Member

No i think the wii channels are fine, because they are very concise. You get what you need, and leave. The PS3 home is nothing more than The Sims, except that it's not a game. Its a virtual chat tool, and I find THAT boring. To spend so much time building rooms and communities and what not with no real purpose other than to talk to people and show them what you made. If it were an actual GAME like The Sims or Animal Crossing where there was real things to do, but with the online chat feature built in like that, then yeah they'd have something going on.

But I'm saying that the way it is now, it looks very boring.

15. E-Roc2010

E-Roc2010 "Sasuke it to the max"

Wii Friend Code: 7990-7908-6210-2287
    7990-7908-6210-2287
    Looks neat but I could see all the sony fanboys saying Nintendo copied Sony.

Well I would have two words for them...MOTION SENSORS

16. pizzaluvr

it's basically second life actually...

17. RedProdigy

RedProdigy NOD fanatic

On second thought, it would be to Nintendo's advantage to start beefing up the Mii Channels. Give people more opportunities to use their Miis and such.

18. bubba-ga-nush

bubba-ga-nush Im on more than you think

Wii Friend Code: 3369-4758-4482-0967
    3369-4758-4482-0967
    Yea I saw that on AOTS and I think it would be so awesome. I love the sims and chatting online so to me that would be freakin sick!

19. Raij

Raij Wiivern

It's sad that home is the best lookin thing I've seen on ps3.. :O

20. Joshieca

Joshieca Oh yeah, its me!

This is true.....I wonder how it will survive?

The PS3 doesn't have that much of an install base yet due to its high costs. Other companies have tried this type of service on PC's and it was popular for the 6 months to one year and then it died out.

Content is king...what looks cool up front wont hold water if there isn't content updated all the time. If it doesn't change and offer new things each month, it will get old fast.