Wii in Australia thread

Deanis said:
Ahh i wish i HAD surround sound... You can hear those cameras whirring round,and im like OK Where the fark is it...*BANG!*
COD4 is damn good aswell, but its not as.....artistically done.

You should try and pick up a cheap system. Once you get it you will never go back.

I know my ears hurt if i play on a normal tv with normal tv speakers:lol:

You would be surprised how much of a difference it makes to movie/gaming experiences.

Yes I was vomiting when i got home, I didn't feel very well coming back from the place...

They had these awesome Surround sound headphones at the place, made the gameplay so much more awesome...And sorry eagles, can't VS tonight...

gpoleweski said:
Yes I was vomiting when i got home, I didn't feel very well coming back from the place...

They had these awesome Surround sound headphones at the place, made the gameplay so much more awesome...And sorry eagles, can't VS tonight...

Hmm Playing games for that ammount of time..... I think you sir, Have Motion Sickness.

Simulation sickness
Simulation sickness, or simulator sickness, is a condition where a person exhibits symptoms similar to motion sickness caused by playing computer/simulation/video games.

The most common theory for the cause of simulation sickness is that the illusion of motion created by the virtual world, combined with the absence of motion detected by the inner ear, causes the area postrema in the brain to infer that one is hallucinating and further conclude that the hallucination is due to poison ingestion. The brain responds by inducing nausea and mass vomiting, to clear the supposed toxin.[7] According to this theory, simulation sickness is just another form of motion sickness.

The symptoms are often described as quite similar to that of motion sickness. Some can range from headache, drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, vomiting and sweating. A research done at the University of Minnesota had students play Halo for less than an hour, and found that up to 50 percent felt sick afterwards.[8]

In a study conducted by U.S. Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences in a report published May 1995 titled "Technical Report 1027 - Simulator Sickness in Virtual Environments", out of 742 pilot exposures from 11 military flight simulators, "approximately half of the pilots (334) reported post-effects of some kind: 250 (34%) reported that symptoms dissipated in less than 1 hour, 44 (6%) reported that symptoms lasted longer than 4 hours, and 28 (4%) reported that symptoms lasted longer than 6 hours. There were also 4 (1%) reported cases of spontaneously occurring flashbacks"

In unrelated news...I posted in a thread "I hate my wii mad wii owners post here"

and i get a comment with a link in my profile to a thread "i love my wii, happy owners post here".... Childish much? im sorry but this angered me:mad5:

Yeah, be careful of venturing outside of the Wii in Australia Thread, there are some idiots on the site.
you shouldve posted "I am a happy Wii own, very happy in fact I just SOLD it"

haha too late I couldnt help myself but to make a to-the-point contraversial post designed to get "some" members off their pedastools. I mean, some people on this site think they're jesus or something. and lol I could imagine a ban if i posted a thread with that!

I saw in eb the other day, that they had "alone in the dark" on the coming soon shelf in the 360 section. Is this still coming out on wii? when i had my wii this was one of the games i was interested in, so i might still pick it up for 360

Lol...That's defineatly what it was, thanks for that Brendo. Moderators suck andI have no idea about 'Alone in the Dark'...I would buy CoD4...but I don't have the funds for it. And why wasn't it on the wii? If the DS could get it...

Just watched some gameplay videos of Alone in the Dark. Looks awesome, RE4 gameplay tuned up another notch with added creepiness. I WANT

Hahaha, BAM! I have that game...I got it for my sis for christmas, she played it for the first day and then stopped, I finished it in about an hour :lol: Still good though.

Looking forward to some of the cheap games on wiiware too. Some look quite promising...And cheap.

Back