Wii in Australia thread

I'm pretty sure they're leaving the PAL release until June because they're going to put heaps more content (characters, stages, options) in there... Well, one can dream.

AndThen? said:
I'm pretty sure they're leaving the PAL release until June because they're going to put heaps more content (characters, stages, options) in there... Well, one can dream.
:lol: If only.

On a side note (still talking about Australia FR. so don't worry) how did PA go in the pre-season? I've been so caught up with other stuff that I don't know what has happened.

We lost out fairly early, but who cares... it's the pre-season. [STRIKE]The Losers[/STRIKE] The Crows came second, and they're sure to do miserably this year. Hell, look at Carlton last year.

I think we need an official statement from Nintendo Australia explaining the lateness in... well, everything. It's beyond annoying.

er Nbsweaskresda5. I ordered my Freeloader this morning. I also have Brawl and NMH from the US on the way.
If Nintendo block the Freeloader with an update, that is the end of my Wii journey...F*** em.

ZOMG!!! A POST ABOUT WII...SEE IT ISNT ALWAYS ABOUT RANDOM HAPPENINGS IN AUSTRALIA.... OH CRAP DRIFTING AWAY FROM WII RELATED...ERRR ERM WII!
*phew scared me there*

Deanis said:
er Nbsweaskresda5. I ordered my Freeloader this morning. I also have Brawl and NMH from the US on the way.
If Nintendo block the Freeloader with an update, that is the end of my Wii journey...F*** em.

ZOMG!!! A POST ABOUT WII...SEE IT ISNT ALWAYS ABOUT RANDOM HAPPENINGS IN AUSTRALIA.... OH CRAP DRIFTING AWAY FROM WII RELATED...ERRR ERM WII!
*phew scared me there*

How much did Freeloader and the imported games cost?

Gpole was that a challenge?
wait for brawl mate just wait
other wise come down brissy way if you dare MUhahahahaahawiiiiii

yeah so how much did the freeload est cost.

wii

well if we ever do get kicked out i did make a thread on the lounge that we can hop on our roo's 2...

wii

im about 2 sell my wii if brawl and MKW dont blow my mind... i have no need for it when warhammer online comes out!

PRICES FOR WIILOADER AND GAMES:
No More Heroes: $50AUS
Freeloader: $30AUS
BRAWL: $59AUS

So $140 all up....

Might grab Trauma Center, once it arrives and I've confirmed it works.
As I said, if Freeloader gets blocked, I'm selling my Wii.

what exactly is this freeloader thing ?? :confused:

the delayed broardcasting of NASCAR's at atlants has just started, mannn i want to watch a race like that in person!

The Freeloader is a disc that you put in your Wii BEFORE putting in a game from America or UK.

After it has loaded up on the "Insert Disc" Channel, you take it out and put in your UK or US game. ...... as far as I know.

BTW, surely Nintendo WOULDNT block it from working? If it wasnt for the Freeloader I wouldnt have bought any Wii games for another 2months...

ZOMG, got a DVD/Video Recorder yesterday and have been stuffing round with it. Never seen Monty Python on such a big screen before! :p
And now we can finally chuck out our old VHSs...

Yes, this is what I do at 2am, copy videos to DVD...

Wii!

Deanis said:
ZOMG, got a DVD/Video Recorder yesterday and have been stuffing round with it. Never seen Monty Python on such a big screen before! :p

yeah they are great arnt they :D. you can record up to some stupid amount of time.. like 9-10 hours on 1 single layered DVD :lol: but the quality is not the best haah.

usually 4 hours are the MAX amount of time i record on ( LP i believe), the only times i use MLP (around 6 hours ) is for my NASCAR Races that are on at 3am.

Might just get this Wiiloader, sounds like a quality piece of material.

AFL: Damn it! Bloody Saints but us in the NAB Final!! GAAHHHH. I was really annoyed. Eagles, help me out?

Deanis said:
If Nintendo block the Freeloader with an update, that is the end of my Wii journey...
*phew scared me there*
If you can, don't update the Wii. Just turn of WiiConnect24 or whatever, and turn it on when you want online gaming. Then it asks if you want an update, and say no.
HAHA!
And Freeloader can bypass the updates on the CD's, so no forced updating!

Where the heck did you buy a Freeloader for $30? I paid $40 and the only plac I can find it now is $45

Off eBay. You may be right though, it was closer to $30. Either way I'm happy with the price, I just hpe it arrives soon.

Has ANYone confirmed that US games play on Australian Wiis? I still though their was an incompatibility between PAL and NTSC....

Back