Wii in Australia thread

AndThen? said:
Yeah... I can understand that. I want Brawl... It's so bad not having it. What would you do if they blocked freeloader with an update?
Not care because I turned off updates :p
Or cry.
Whichever happens first.

Haha fair enough. But can't they update your Wii with games? When I mentioned Freeloader to a friend he told me that they could update the Wii through discs... apparently they did it with Super Mario Galaxy.

AndThen? said:
Haha fair enough. But can't they update your Wii with games? When I mentioned Freeloader to a friend he told me that they could update the Wii through discs... apparently they did it with Super Mario Galaxy.
Freeloader bypasses updates on CD's. Thats how you can play American games, otherwise it'd force an american update on you and stuff your Wii up.
There are vids on youtube showing it working. Now I want it even more...

Edit: I'm not sure what happens if I buy a PAL game with an update. I wonder if Freeloader can bypass them updates too
HMM
*shifty eyes*
Not much insentive to buy PAL games anymore though :D

Last edited:
oh man i want one big time has anyone even herd of the game i mentioned before i havnt been to Eb yet but i have never ever seen it

toomstone said:
oh man i want one big time has anyone even herd of the game i mentioned before i havnt been to Eb yet but i have never ever seen it
I'm not a guily gear fan, so I don't know. I haven't seen it though in EB.
Its $50US on Play-Asia, and so I reccommend a freeloader to you :lol:

yeah but i never buy stuff over the net and convincing dad to do that stuff is like telling people david hicks never trained with alkida=D he will just shoot me down i much prefer to buy it face to face=D but i will get my hands on a freeloader i hope!

toomstone said:
yeah but i never buy stuff over the net and convincing dad to do that stuff is like telling people david hicks never trained with alkida=D he will just shoot me down i much prefer to buy it face to face=D but i will get my hands on a freeloader i hope!
I've heard some specialty import shops will be selling them, or you could always ask someone who is allowed to buy off the internet to buy it for you :p
Not much point if you cant buy your own american games ._.

Evening lads.

Some non wii related news, but gaming news none the less.

Bioshock 2 has been officially announced. 2K Boston are expecting to have it ready for a fall 2009 release date:)

Cant wait for this!

nb.... im holding off buying anymore US games til I can prove Freeloader works, and that hopefully it doesnt get 'patched' within 2 weeks :p

Grats on getting SSBB, although i DID have it in my hands first....

Deanis said:
nb.... im holding off buying anymore US games til I can prove Freeloader works, and that hopefully it doesnt get 'patched' within 2 weeks :p

Grats on getting SSBB, although i DID have it in my hands first....
Freeloader is confirmed working with NMH and SSBB
Darn, I thought I'd be first o_o Ah well :p
Guess I'll be waiting for any games confirmed not working

If we don't get a release date by the time Mario Kart releases I'll look more seriously at this Freeloader. At the moment I have basically zero time to play games though with lots of Uni stuff on the go. I still like playing a bit of Advance Wars though, does anyone else here play it?

eagles ur in my boat i dont have time but i generaly dont make time as i have nothing worthy of my time and money atm apart from brawl mkw and GG importing shops is their one in brisbane?

Wicked, I only have NMH and Smash. Thinking of ordering newest Trauma Centre.

LMAO... Photoshopped a pic of ZSS for another thread... I feel so dirty.

Deanis said:
Wicked, I only have NMH and Smash. Thinking of ordering newest Trauma Centre.

LMAO... Photoshopped a pic of ZSS for another thread... I feel so dirty.
Whats ZSS?
And I will definetly order Trauma Centre: New Blood after I get my Play-Asia coupon from Strike Bang and get some B-day moneys :D

Back