Wii in danger of repeating the Gamecube?

player911m said:
This is exactly why I'm selling my Wii. I thought it would be super sweet, but I now realize that kiddie games is all that I would have access to. I'm 24 and I don't want that. Nintendo thinks all of its users are 13 year olds and makes any type of online use a challenge. If the Wii had better internet stuff I think I would like it more. Maybe I'm bailing ship too early with WiiWare coming out... but I look at the other consoles and they seem to be more up my alley.

I'm looking at the Xbox Elite with 120gb Hdd and Wireless Headset.

My Wii for sale:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300176974314

well im glad u agree with me, BUT i wouldnt go as far as selling my Wii, see i've been a gamer for 25 yrs (since i was born) and i have never sold any system that i have had, yes nintendo has let us older, violent gamers down but i will stand by it.....but just play my ps3 more :lol:

Bliss said:
well im glad u agree with me, BUT i wouldnt go as far as selling my Wii, see i've been a gamer for 25 yrs (since i was born) and i have never sold any system that i have had, yes nintendo has let us older, violent gamers down but i will stand by it.....but just play my ps3 more :lol:
I dont see how Nintendo has let older violent gamers down. If you have ever owned a Nintendo system before you should know that their own games are not like that. Its like going to see a PG movie and then complaining that it didnt have full frontal nudity.

Again i have to say that there are a lot of mature and violent third party games on Wii. At one point every single Wii game i owned was M rated except for Zelda TP.

Some are actually more violent because of the motion control involved (Godfather for example) and the recent Manhunt 2 controversy has highlighted this to the point where some officials (i only remember Hillary Clintons name out of those involved) want stricter ratings for such games on Wii.

Basically if the Wii had HD graphics and motion controlled violence then it probably would be harder to get a mature rated game on the system than it would be on 360 or PS3 as a punching or stabbing motion is more violent than simply pressing a button.

raisinghelen said:
I dont see how Nintendo has let older violent gamers down. If you have ever owned a Nintendo system before you should know that their own games are not like that. Its like going to see a PG movie and then complaining that it didnt have full frontal nudity.

Again i have to say that there are a lot of mature and violent third party games on Wii. At one point every single Wii game i owned was M rated except for Zelda TP.

Some are actually more violent because of the motion control involved (Godfather for example) and the recent Manhunt 2 controversy has highlighted this to the point where some officials (i only remember Hillary Clintons name out of those involved) want stricter ratings for such games on Wii.

Basically if the Wii had HD graphics and motion controlled violence then it probably would be harder to get a mature rated game on the system than it would be on 360 or PS3 as a punching or stabbing motion is more violent than simply pressing a button.

damn u just love to argue with me :lol: ...well yes i have every nintendo system made to be honest and i know nintendo isnt a system for the violent gamer BUT dont u think that times would change? atleast incorperate 35% of ur titles, now im not saying straight up gun slinger type games, just something with a lil more edge to it...I mean i would have thought they learned from the gamecube to bring more titles along those lines to the wii, i mean hey it works for ps and xbox, granted they are behind in the console war, but think about it if nintendo brought there own version of halo or socom to the wii, **** they would be kings for yrs and yrs to come.

Bliss said:
damn u just love to argue with me :lol: ...well yes i have every nintendo system made to be honest and i know nintendo isnt a system for the violent gamer BUT dont u think that times would change? atleast incorperate 35% of ur titles, now im not saying straight up gun slinger type games, just something with a lil more edge to it...I mean i would have thought they learned from the gamecube to bring more titles along those lines to the wii, i mean hey it works for ps and xbox, granted they are behind in the console war, but think about it if nintendo brought there own version of halo or socom to the wii, **** they would be kings for yrs and yrs to come.
Nintendo hasn't forgotten about the older gamer, there are plenty of gritty, violent games out there for you. But you just have to buy them. Don't just go out and buy a bunch of "E" rated games and then wonder why your collection isn't spilling blood. Nintendo may not have the goriest game library around, but they have far from forgotten about you.

Dzapper said:
Nintendo hasn't forgotten about the older gamer, there are plenty of gritty, violent games out there for you. But you just have to buy them. Don't just go out and buy a bunch of "E" rated games and then wonder why your collection isn't spilling blood. Nintendo may not have the goriest game library around, but they have far from forgotten about you.
there really isnt...only, RE, MOH, Manhunt 2...cant think of them all right now, but its very slim like my library.

the way i see it that every1 become fatter so idk if this sell more wii's or sell less lol:lol:

no but seroiusly i had wii since realese and i only got like 5 games and tbh they pretty crap..got rockstar table tennis and it just to easy

was going to get 360 for xmas but decided to give wii other chance and get gh3 at weekend and other games for xmas..

i hope the Wii dosent do the same as the gamecube.

all the wii needs is a really gd third party game and then every1 happy

PEOPLE!!! The 360 and even the PS3 is not going anywhere and will not be closing up shop anytime soon. Too many kick ass HDTV's to keep both systems alive. I don't care if the Wii outsold the 360 and PS3 three fold, its not taking out either system. The Wii has its place as a niche console, and not a revolutionary one. Maybe thats why Ninty strayed from the revolution name. Is the Wii a better success than the virtual boy, yes, but it doesn't have the whole package to take out the other consoles. Xbox dropped the ball somewhat and should have had the HD DVD player in the console, but even without that the 360 has some great titles, mainly adult oriented, but great ones indeed.

All the Wii needs to do is keep putting out great Mario and Zelda based games and it will sell. That market is big enough to keep the Wii afloat.

Bliss said:
damn u just love to argue with me

there really isnt...only, RE, MOH, Manhunt 2...cant think of them all right now, but its very slim like my library.
I prefer to say that 'i love to discuss things' rather than argue :wink:

Ok i would say the more mature games on Wii are RE:4, RE:UC, Manhunt 2, Godfather, Scarface, Mortal Kombat, MOH:H2, MOH Vanguard, COD3, Ghost Squad, Driver, Escape From Bug Island and Farcry (ok the last 3 are bad games but they are actually M rated). Plus there are games like MP3, Trauma Center: SO and Trauma Center: New Blood that are not cute or cuddly at all.

At one point i was worried because none of the games i had bought for Wii were really kid friendly so if we had them over there was only WiiSports and Zelda TP that they could play. Now i have Mario Strikers and Mario Galaxy though so they can play those, its suprising that they are 2 of my favorite games as well despite being cartoony, mainly because they are just fun to play.

$J-MONEY$ said:
PEOPLE!!! The 360 and even the PS3 is not going anywhere and will not be closing up shop anytime soon. Too many kick ass HDTV's to keep both systems alive. I don't care if the Wii outsold the 360 and PS3 three fold, its not taking out either system. The Wii has its place as a niche console, and not a revolutionary one. Maybe thats why Ninty strayed from the revolution name. Is the Wii a better success than the virtual boy, yes, but it doesn't have the whole package to take out the other consoles. Xbox dropped the ball somewhat and should have had the HD DVD player in the console, but even without that the 360 has some great titles, mainly adult oriented, but great ones indeed.

All the Wii needs to do is keep putting out great Mario and Zelda based games and it will sell. That market is big enough to keep the Wii afloat.
well said

When is everyone going to realize that the Wii is for casual gamers, and people who never played video games. You can not compare it to any of the other systems because those systems are trying to be like "PC game machines".

To everyone who is tired of kiddie games, go out and buy/ build a PC with a nice graphics card and get some games for it, then when your tired of those play the Wii. You cant expect the Wii to be like the 360 or ps3, cause the 360 and ps3 are geared towards people who are clueless about PC gaming. Almost all of the games come out on PC so its a win-win situation.

Its a joke that they make PC games come out on the other consoles because they look 5x times better and play 5x times better on a PC, and you have pay $10 extra to own on the other consoles.

I do personally think the Wii is a good idea, but this is just the first generation of the Wii when the next one comes out, it will have all the HD features and nice graphics. Think of the Wii as the iPod of video games: cheap, fun, and always updating.

Last edited:
wallyson said:
When is everyone going to realize that the Wii is for casual gamers, and people who never played video games. You can not compare it to any of the other systems because those systems are trying to be like "PC game machines".

To everyone who is tired of kiddie games, go out and buy/ build a PC with a nice graphics card and get some games for it, then when your tired of those play the Wii. You cant expect the Wii to be like the 360 or ps3, cause the 360 and ps3 are geared towards people who are clueless about PC gaming. Almost all of the games come out on PC so its a win-win situation.

Its a joke that they make PC games come out on the other consoles because they look 5x times better and play 5x times better on a PC, and you have pay $10 extra to own on the other consoles.

I do personally think the Wii is a good idea, but this is just the first generation of the Wii when the next one comes out, it will have all the HD features and nice graphics. Think of the Wii as the iPod of video games: cheap, fun, and always updating.

Well, first off yes i do agree with u that u are basically saying the Wii is a sort of a 2nd console in ur home, but come on in this day and age if u wanna compete u better fit the needs of the gamer.
And second, buying or building a hardcore muscle PC is gonna cost u SOO much more then buying a PS3 or a 360, so the cheaper and better route is the consoles.
And finally third, Nintendo has come out and said that the Wii itself they would like to keep it around beyond the every 5 or 7 yrs people buy a new console, so for it being there 1st of many upgrades i doubt that..now will they add to it? Yes i do believe they will..

I am currently on my way to work but I have a response for the masses concerning Wii's longevity and how it WILL last the amount of time Ninty said. I will throw out my response when I get to work.

ShawVAuto said:
I am currently on my way to work but I have a response for the masses concerning Wii's longevity and how it WILL last the amount of time Ninty said. I will throw out my response when I get to work.
ill be waiting :yesnod: :wink:

Bliss said:
Well, first off yes i do agree with u that u are basically saying the Wii is a sort of a 2nd console in ur home, but come on in this day and age if u wanna compete u better fit the needs of the gamer.
And second, buying or building a hardcore muscle PC is gonna cost u SOO much more then buying a PS3 or a 360, so the cheaper and better route is the consoles.
And finally third, Nintendo has come out and said that the Wii itself they would like to keep it around beyond the every 5 or 7 yrs people buy a new console, so for it being there 1st of many upgrades i doubt that..now will they add to it? Yes i do believe they will..

I built my own PC with an 8600gt for $438 (just the tower) I already had a monitor, keyboard and mouse.
=break down=
AMD X2 64 Athlon 4200+: $60
Gigabyte SlI ready S5 gaming Mobo: $98 (really good)
Western Digital Hard D: $45
XFX Nvidia 8600gt Graphics card: $130
Case with 500 watts: $40 (cheap crap off of new egg, but 5 egg rating.)
1 Gig of Gskill ram: $35 (1 of the best ram out there.)
NEC 20x DvD burner: $30
Win XP pro Operating System: Free, Im a Computer Science student. Steal it if you have to, or use the current OS CD that came with your computer and the serial key.

Gotta love new Egg.
The price I listed with those components enable me to play any game out right now (Even Crysis) on medium to high settings (most of the time high) and also the mobo enables me to upgrade the whole system anytime I wish. I even hook up my computer to my 42 inch HD tv and play any game I want in HD.

I have been building computers for the last 3 years and its possible with the latest an greatest for what you would pay for the price of a $600 ps3.

I am not trying to argue with you, just backing up my statement of building your own PC that is 5x better cost cheaper is all.

I mean if you want a cheap computer with high quality parts built pm me. I build them for all my friends, and not one of them has died or had any problems, unless user fault.

Last edited:
wallyson said:
I built my own PC with an 8600gt for $438 (just the tower) I already had a monitor, keyboard and mouse.
=break down=
AMD X2 64 Athlon 4200+: $60
Gigabyte SlI ready S5 gaming Mobo: $98 (really good)
Western Digital Hard D: $45
XFX Nvidia 8600gt Graphics card: $130
Case with 500 watts: $40 (cheap crap off of new egg, but 5 egg rating.)
1 Gig of Gskill ram: $35 (1 of the best ram out there.)
NEC 20x DvD burner: $30
Win XP pro Operating System: Free, Im a Computer Science student. Steal it if you have to, or use the current OS CD that came with your computer and the serial key.

Gotta love new Egg.
The price I listed with those components enable me to play any game out right now (Even Crysis) on medium to high settings (most of the time high) and also the mobo enables me to upgrade the whole system anytime I wish. I even hook up my computer to my 42 inch HD tv and play any game I want in HD.

I have been building computers for the last 3 years and its possible with the latest an greatest for what you would pay for the price of a $600 ps3.

I am not trying to argue with you, just backing up my statement of building your own PC that is 5x better cost cheaper is all.

I mean if you want a cheap computer with high quality parts built pm me. I build them for all my friends, and not one of them has died or had any problems, unless user fault.
ok u got me there..:lol: ..that is EXTREMLY cheap..u gonna stick around wiichat for awhile? might pm u sometime after the holidays.

Back