Wii in India

ash4640

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Hi all,
Iam ash from India.
I want to get myself a Wii (like everyone does :smilewinkgrin: ). But I am jus curious to know few things before i get a wii.

1. Is WII region Coded, cause i might get a Wii from the US and then later will i be able to play games that i get from japan or playasia.com or any other regions.
2. Well I can afford to just get two games along with wii, one for sure iam getting legend of zelda, what other game shld i get get.
3. I want the basic system plus one more wiimote how much will that cost.

yes the wii is region coded
legend of zelda is a great game
i would suggest you get trauma center if you like tension fast paced games
excite truck if you like power packed racing games
red steel if you like fps/swordfighting.
need for speed carbon if you like customization allover street racing and some nice hotties
super monkeyball if you want a quick round up to a few hours game time
or call of duty 3 if you like that realistic fps war style

the extra wii remote is 40 usd and the classic controller is 20 usd
the nunchuk adapter is also 20 usd and will be required to play most wii games
but dont worry a nunchuk comes with the wii so your covered for one

you must be rich if you can afford all this in a 3rd world country, not trying to insult you, but my family in vietnam can't look at anything like this!

Titanium_Mario said:
why do you have a wii code in your name then?

who me? my family wouldn't be able to afford this not me... look again post whore! :ciappa: :lol:

common' i'm from the states! can't you see my sig with the paved pavement!

intekmdma said:
you must be rich if you can afford all this in a 3rd world country, not trying to insult you, but my family in vietnam can't look at anything like this!

India' economy is actually growing extremely quickly, i think they have the second fastest growing economy after china

There's a huge middle class in India, not everyone there is poor (though there are loads).

Thanx for the reply guys.
So if it is region coded then I can only play us titles????
So for me being in India is it worth it getting a Wii now or shld i wait for an official relase in india uhmm which seesm a bit far fetched for now......

By the way "intekmdma" I guess u havent been to india, if u have u wouldnt be askin silly questions like u did. Maybe u shld stop watching some news channel which still portarys india as an underdeveloped country.

There is an incredibly large amount of rich familys in India actually. And doesn't India have the most populated city in the world?

ash4640 said:
So for me being in India is it worth it getting a Wii now or shld i wait for an official relase in india uhmm which seesm a bit far fetched for now......

Interesting - do they ever do 'official' launches in India? Like, did they ever have an official Indian Gamecube, or official Indian Playstation?

Not trying to be offensive, I'm honestly curious. When I used to live in Malaysia, for example, they didn't have any official launches for that country - it was all just imported from Japan.

ash4640 said:
Thanx for the reply guys.
So if it is region coded then I can only play us titles????

By the way "intekmdma" I guess u havent been to india, if u have u wouldnt be askin silly questions like u did. Maybe u shld stop watching some news channel which still portarys india as an underdeveloped country.

yes, i should stop watching the news channel as it only shows one side. On the flipside, I was comparing it to my home country. I know there is weath there. Maybe, i'm saying it wrong, lemme say it again, "does india get wii's sent to them or do you need to order from outisde your country" and "do price range match" and "what is the currency conversion" and "what is a wii comparable to"

Yeah...I definently wouldn't call India a 3rd world country....it just isn't and is inaccurate

Back