Wii included remote different slightly than packaged remote. Dots above Blue LED's.

LESLIEx317537

I sold my Wii
Dec 1, 2006
Long Island, NY
I was going to add a sticker on my main Wii remote to differentiate it from the extra one I bought. The reason for this is when I bring my Wii remote to a friends house to play, I want to make sure I have the remote that has my Mii saved on it.

Before I did, I tried to see if i could spot any visual differences in the two remotes that looked identically the same.
Upon closer inspection, I noticed the lil brail dots above the blue led indicators are larger on the individually packaged remote than the dots on the remote than came with my Wii. Not alot larger but noticable by feel and you can see it.

Now I can easily tell which remote is which. ;)

I'm not sure if this is the case for all of them, but it is for mine. I wonder what the reason is for the slight change.
Here's a pic I took. The one on the right is the one that came with my system.

Attachments

• DSC00056 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00056 (Medium).JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 380
mine is like this as well very slightly tho not as noticable as those in that picture

I guess I answered my own question. Since in the picture you can barely see the dots on the remote on the right - I guess they decided to make them more noticable.

hmmmmm maybe was a feature for the disabled? however if it was i don't see why make it like that as if they can't see the light to tell then how they playing the game?

yea it was so indirect that i had to state it bluntly

Sorry, I didn't mean it was brail. Just looks like brail.
I don't even think numbers are written like that in brail.

I think they made them bigger cause I guess they weren't that noticable on the first models.

Just curious if the earlier Wii consoles only exhibit this.

lol :)

Brail numbers are similar i think they are like that.... i dunno why tho....

Last edited:
Yeah that is weird :S lol maybe they have a secret up their sleves lol :p

OMG this just opened up an whole new "nintendo secret" the size of the "nintendo wii flap/whats really under there secret" secret lol... we shall call it the "wii-mote number brail above the LED lights" secret, whats up nintendo's sleeves on this one eh?, i think that they will detect touch!!!! haha (sarcasm)

\¯\/¯/ |¯| )¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
/_/\_\ |_| )_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\ Is Awesome

\¯\/\/¯/ |¯| |¯|
.\_/\_/ .|_| |_| Is The Future!

|¯|)¯) (¯¯(¯ ¯¯)¯)
|_| ¯ . _)__). ¯)_) Is Gay

hi i can't find remotes anywhere =] thank you for making enough wiis but not enough accessories :D

nonetheless i still have a wii :D <3 you nin

Back