Wii Injuries?

LilWiiWii

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
Wii Online Code
8012-6169-7562-1411
Ok, so how many of us Wiichatters have had any injuries due to playing Wii? I didn't realise there were so many injuries out there but after watching this video I am pretty sure these people are not the brightest crayons in the box. Yeah the first wriststrap was very scrawny, but most of the people hit their hands on ceiling fans by a swing of the wiimote or whack the person next to them in the eye..Have this ever happened to you? I don't know anyone personally that has done this, and trust me they arent brainiacs![MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xj3W-6ZfFw8[/MEDIA]

The boyf tends to smack people (including me) when playing tennis, however he is the clumsiest person I've ever met lol.

While playing with four people on tennis I accidentally swung and hit my friend, then after than I "accidentally" hit them a few more times, but nothing serious, like poking someone's eye out or anything that requires a sling.

i have come close to putting my hand through the roof playing bowling (arm at full extension for more power and being 6'6 doesnt help either).

seen many broken t.v's at wiihaveaproblem.com
they even have a t.v shield haha

Not personally. Worst thing I've done is jabbed the wiimote into someone's arm.

Perhaps the Wii should have an honorary award from the Darwin awards thing. I mean, it did make a contestant die in a water drinking contest at one time...

...So deadly, yet so fun!

Squall7 said:
Not personally. Worst thing I've done is jabbed the wiimote into someone's arm.

Perhaps the Wii should have an honorary award from the Darwin awards thing. I mean, it did make a contestant die in a water drinking contest at one time...

...So deadly, yet so fun!
Yea that actually happened in Northern California, people...

I have never dropped or smashed someone's face in with the Wiimote. :lol:
The injuries that most people seem to come up with are just plain ridiculous to be honest. There is a very thin line between accidental and pure stupidity and most people seem to appear within the second category.
I am not usually harsh, but these kind of things really annoys me when people then complain to news reporters and such about how the Wii is dangerous.

Byuakuya said:
I have never dropped or smashed someone's face in with the Wiimote. :lol:
The injuries that most people seem to come up with are just plain ridiculous to be honest. There is a very thin line between accidental and pure stupidity and most people seem to appear within the second category.
I am not usually harsh, but these kind of things really annoys me when people then complain to news reporters and such about how the Wii is dangerous.
I know what you mean. I remeber it being possible that some people would likely try and sue Nintendo, or have Nintendo replace their TV's.

Stupidity followed on from stupidity in my opinion.

Ok well when I just got my Wii I quickly learned that for tennis flicking the controls was much better than trying to swing it like a real racket. My girlfriend and my best friend both had a problem with that saying that I was 'cheating.' So I would do normal swings just for them. I could see how someone could get hurt.

Bowling on the other hand has hurt me because I've hit my hand on a table behind me. I take the Wii to different places and sometimes the room layout changes. I've hit the fan too. Bowling is the most likely to cause injury or damage IMO.

The only injury that I've had was a hurt wrist and that's it.. Got it from playing bowling way too much and when I went for the follow through I kind of screwed up. Other than that I haven't had any serious injuries.

Never experienced any injuries myself.
The other problem with some people is they tend to go "too hard" while playing Wii sports for instance. They move real close or swing harder than they need to.

I have never had any real injuries, the worst I ever had was a bad neckache/headache from playing too much Pose Mii......

CantGetAWii said:
Never experienced any injuries myself.
The other problem with some people is they tend to go "too hard" while playing Wii sports for instance. They move real close or swing harder than they need to.

ya my friends do that all the time. Its funny because i move my wrists to swing the bat at wii sports and they do a full body swing. Just watching them and whiffing on the ball is so rewarding to have a wii.

Back