wii internet browsing

mghotdog2

WiiChat Member
Apr 16, 2011
:wiiconsole::frown5::wiimote:I've had this wii for a couple of years now & only had internet for a few days.My computer has a virus so I moved the router & modem out of the kitchen & the location of the router was the problem.When I got internet on my wii I was so excited because I hadn't been able to browse the web in months,but when I actually used the web browser my excitement turned into disappointment.It's slow(don't want to explain why it's not just my internet),it's difficult to type stuff without a USB keyboard(example:this post),& there are some webpages that it doesn't have the compacity to
show(example:standard youtube.youtube xl works though).I mean I'm glad I have a browser & I've been able to catch up on stuff I missed,but I think it could have been alot better.

p.s:I also can't play some of my favorite flash games.

well when I go to that youtube the stander one it works fine.
Anything wrong with your router.

HI. I need some help please. Went to Best Buy today and asked for a keyboard for my WII and they didn't know anything about that. Went to Game Stop and they said not many made and didn't know much either. Can I use keyboard for the internet, which I have accomplished and bought a memory card today. Just need info about keyboard. Do I get a wireless regular keyboard or what? Thanks so much

HI. I need some help please. Went to Best Buy today and asked for a keyboard for my WII and they didn't know anything about that. Went to Game Stop and they said not many made and didn't know much either. Can I use keyboard for the internet, which I have accomplished and bought a memory card today. Just need info about keyboard. Do I get a wireless regular keyboard or what? Thanks so much

It will work with any standard USB keyboard. There are wireless USB keyboard where you plug a little receiver into the USB slot and the keyboard transmits to it. That should work as well, however some of those have limited range. Do not get a bluetooth wireless keyboard though.

its probably just the router.Also I just realized that my computer could be fine.My wii started to say "windows has detecting a virus" which is the same thing that happened to my computer.I looked up some stuff & found that it was just a pop-up.A POP-UP!I WAS WITHOUT YOUTUBE FOR 4 MONTHS BECAUSE WINDOWS WANTED TO SELL ME VIRUS PROTECTION WHICH I DON'T NEED!!!YOU KNOW WHAT!!!SCREW YOU MICROSOFT!!!I'M SWITCHING TO MAC!!!:mad5:

its probably just the router.Also I just realized that my computer could be fine.My wii started to say "windows has detecting a virus" which is the same thing that happened to my computer.I looked up some stuff & found that it was just a pop-up.A POP-UP!I WAS WITHOUT YOUTUBE FOR 4 MONTHS BECAUSE WINDOWS WANTED TO SELL ME VIRUS PROTECTION WHICH I DON'T NEED!!!YOU KNOW WHAT!!!SCREW YOU MICROSOFT!!!I'M SWITCHING TO MAC!!!:mad5:

That message isn't from Microsoft. It's a fake from other people trying to trick you into buying something.

How to Browse the Internet With Your Wii Console

Once you have connected your Wii console online (required! - how to), you're just a few steps away from browsing the Internet!

Internet browsing on the Wii console is done through the Internet Channel. Like all other downloaded channels, the Internet Channel is found in the Wii Shop Channel, and is available for 0 Wii Points. Follow these steps to get it:

Visit the Wii Shop Channel by clicking the Wii Shop Channel icon from the Wii menu.
Select "Start Shopping" and then choose "Wii Channels."

Scroll down to find the Internet Channel, and click "Free" or "Download."

Select the location you wish to download it to (choose "Wii System Memory" if you do not wish to save it to a separate SD Card).

Click on "OK" and then "Yes" to download the Internet Channel

Once the download completes, the Internet Channel is available from your Wii menu. Select it to start browsing the Web on your Wii console (more info)!

Back