Wii Internet Connection and Livebox

wiishankly

WiiChat Member
Apr 23, 2007
Hi,

Sorry my first post is one asking for help. I have looked through the forum and tried the various recommendations but I still don't have any joy.

I've turned the security settings to WEP and even turned them off along with the firewall but the Wii still can't find it even when I manually enter the SDIS name into the wii.

I don't think it is a problem with the Livebox as my PSP finds it straight away! Do you have to turn wireless on with the Wii or is it automatic? I know it sounds like a daft question but I've spent the last 2 days trying to get it to work, searching the net etc.. for answers but I still can't get it to work.

Any help really appreciated.

You have probably tried this already but, as you don't mention it specifically in your post, have you pressed the button on the actual Livebox that allows computers/consoles/etc to connect to it? I think there are two buttons together and it is the button with a '1' on it.

Hope that is of some help.

Thanks mate but yeah I've tried that.
The weird thing is I've stood next to my Wii with my PSP and my PSP finds the Livebox fine and connects without any problems but the Wii can't see it at all.

This will probably not be of help either but have you reached the maximum number of items that can be connected to the Livebox? Apart from that I can't think of anything else that should stop you as my Wii connected to my Livebox with no problems.

Good luck!

change it to wireless and searcch for an access point. if u tried that then sorry but i sure thats wat u need to do.

Back