Wii internet connection reverts back to top selection after each Upgrade. ANNOYING

shippo

WiiChat Member
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Hi
Has anyone else noticed this?
After any upgrade (new channels etc) the Wii reverts back to the top of the list of 3 Internet Connections.
So you can't actually get any internet/download access until you manually change it back to which ever one you have it set to normally.
Just a little bug, but annoying the same.
Me, I'm off to change my main one to the top one (new home address)
Cheers:thumbsup:
Shippo

Erm I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that you can't change the home page on the opera browser?

No, under the options/configuration of the console I mean
Shippo

Why don't you just put your most frequently used connection as the first one so that it reverts to the connection that you are trying to use. Or am I not understanding your issue as well?

Haha, this happened to me. I bought my Wii used, so it already had a connection in the first slot. I just set up mine in the second one, no problems. Later though, it kept going back to the first one, so I just deleted it. If there's nothing there, it won't go back to it. :p I could just make it the first one, but I'm too lazy.

its not a bug its you default conenction... you use the other 2 connections incase that one fails... by default it will always go back to number 1... just like anything on your computer... you might use windows media player but once in a while pop on realplayer.. well when you go to open a video or something by defualt its going to try to open it with windows media player first unless you select otherwise... just put the connection you will use the most in the number 1 slot...

Ah i get you and yeah it has happen to me, pretty annoying but hey just report it to nintendo and they will fix it. Also its not like it takes along time to set it up when you move since if your moving from one place to another (like i do) then the routers already set up.

ok, to what email address do i report something to Nintendo at?
By the way, nowhere does it say anywhere that the TOP CONNECTION is the DEFAULT connection.
cheers
Shippo

shippo said:
By the way, nowhere does it say anywhere that the TOP CONNECTION is the DEFAULT connection.
cheers
Shippo

im saying that based on the fact this is running in a linux
and apparently it wasnt thought threw... normally connection 1 is your main connection you dont have a mouse or keyboard to tell the Wii that you want to change number 2 or 3 to your main connection.... so based on the fact its a linux driven App... it will go back to connection 1 every time... kinda wierd though the reason for a backup connection is incase something happens in the middle of the main signal... say your online playing a game and your router fries for connection 1.. normally it would try again if that didnt work activate the other connection... why nintendo doesnt have it setup that way i dont know...

and for help eaither call the 800 number.. or just go to nintendos website...

thats www.nintendo.com lol they can help you there

the easiest fix would be to put your main connection in number 1's slot.. but really nintendo should do something about it... whats the point of setting up 2 and 3 if you cant use it unless selected...

Back