Wii ipod support?

Hurst

dont hurt'em hurst!
Dec 10, 2006
Hawthorne
Wii Online Code
8211-7709-2245-4630
whats the news on ipod support? all i want is a snazzy interface on the wii for my Ipod. Like a music channel.

Revival said:

i want to be able to connect my ipod to the wii through the usb port and listen to music and control music selection the wii mote

It's actually something that would be very easy to do from a software standpoint with Nintendo. Now getting IPOD to go along with this.... yeah right...(pigs flying)

you mean apple?, i dont think that this will happen cuz they'd have to pay alot of money over to apple just for this feature and i doubt they would :p

Now I can be completely wrong.

But why would Nintendo need permission to accept the iPod under Wii recognition. Does Microsoft have to pay iPod for being able to recognize iTunes or anything to that affect?

I believe that as long as the Wii does not use iTunes along with the iPod you'd be able to allow the iPod and Wii connect. The question though is if the iPod would be able to connect with the Wii.

Again very uneducated in this subject area just trying to ask the right questions.

Well considering they have support to use the Ipod on the xbox 360 I certainly hope companies that are not competetors like Microsoft and apple are, can reach an agreement. Or if their is even an agreement that has to be done for the support to be made.

I was thinking of getting an iPod if this Feature creaps up im defo getting on... Because the Wii can't support Audio CDs and theres no reason for it to support them if we have this feature

i dont think this would be impossible and i dont think apple would stand in the way of it. apple would probably make the hardware and get money for it. they make car kits right? if they made the usb dongle or whatever its money for them.

the problem is will it make them enough money to make it viable to put into production. maybe a nice usb to stereo jack would work so any player (ipod, zune creative) could just plug in and audio is heard but channel would still have to be changed on the mp3 player.

I think if Nintendo creates their own media player that can read common music files or maybe port a special version of Linux's Amarok media player, it would be great for them, because there wouldn't be any secondary companies, and that Amarok is downloadable free of charge as a typical linux open source program. Anyone can edit the code, maybe Nintendo should do it.

Keep in mind the Wii was able to add a channel like the Internet Channel. This wasn't like the Weather channel that was already on the machine and activated by an update.... The Internet Channel was an add on via the shop.

That should tell you all that any channel addition is possible within the limits of the hardware.

So yeah... if they can write software to support an iPod i'm guessing it won't be long before apple makes an iTunes channel for the Wii.

A. The wii already supports MP3's & Audio. (photo channel)
B. the wii has already shown its ability to ADD channels via the shop.

I think this is highly possible, it would be a huge PLUS for both NIN and Apple... so we will see!

Back