Wii, is just too....Kiddy

mull3t

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
Wii Online Code
3665-5041-5042-9236
Had my Wii now since Launch, I have Marvel Heroes, Zelda, Red Steel, 4X4 Truck Racing, Sports.

Ive started to get real bored of it and have found that up and coming releases and mostly release that are out now (bar zelda) are all kiddy, like the age group of 10-14 should be playing.

Just wanna know if any one else feels like this, dont get me wrong, I understand consoles on launch are poor for games etc, but the Wii is just so wrong, they is no good games coming out for ages, hence my views to sell up.

Far cry is out in Jan here in the UK, splinter cell graphics and gameplay are just poor and not worth the hassle.

Any one else feel the wii is for children more than adults (based on the variety of games available)

mull3t said:
Had my Wii now since Launch, I have Marvel Heroes, Zelda, Red Steel, 4X4 Truck Racing, Sports.

Ive started to get real bored of it and have found that up and coming releases and mostly release that are out now (bar zelda) are all kiddy, like the age group of 10-14 should be playing.

Just wanna know if any one else feels like this, dont get me wrong, I understand consoles on launch are poor for games etc, but the Wii is just so wrong, they is no good games coming out for ages, hence my views to sell up.

Far cry is out in Jan here in the UK, splinter cell graphics and gameplay are just poor and not worth the hassle.

Any one else feel the wii is for children more than adults (based on the variety of games available)

For me, gameplay/fun is primary and graphics are secondary.

Sure, many Wii games are geared towards "everyone" and that might seem kiddy (like monkey ball, elebits, rayman, barnyard...etc) but there are are good percentage of older games out of the array of games currently out. You can't dismiss them as kiddie just because the graphics look less sophisticated. I'm sure more older games will come out...you just have to remember that they just launched and want a variety, such as true kiddie games like barnyard and ant bully, games for all like excite, sports, etc, and older games like Far Cry and COD.

Just be patient, some games may feel kiddie, but Wii is fun as **** and that's the main factor.

I don't think its as abd as Gamecube was for kiddy games. And gamecube wan't that bad. Look at the reviews, theres tons of T or M games out or coming out. If you really don't like games for all ages, why did you buy Marvel and 4x4? You should have bought Madden and CoD.

miiplaywii said:
I don't think its as abd as Gamecube was for kiddy games. And gamecube wan't that bad. Look at the reviews, theres tons of T or M games out or coming out. If you really don't like games for all ages, why did you buy Marvel and 4x4? You should have bought Madden and CoD.

Im not into the madden series, and thats my fault not the wii's :)

4x4 was given to me, and marvel I didnt think it would be kiddie. I love the wii, but just found ive got bored of it. Think I will give COD a go tho before I make my decision.

Im by no means slating the wii cos its one of the best consoles, I just think its lacking more than other consoles did in the "release" field.

If I got rid now, Id defo defo defo get one back once more games are around.

cod3...maden...redsteel......zelda....splinter cell.....resident evil....darkness....medal of honour....are just half the games that are considered adult.
lol how can you blame wii for your bad choices of games?

I am not blaming the wii....if you read my last posts. I havnt created this thread to slate the wii I stated that at the beginning

It is just my personal view, As I have played other games round my friends and was not keen on them, hence why I didnt buy them.

I am not blaming any one for my lack of amusment of the wii, its just down to personal preference. and not majority preference.

What will you play on the Wii?

mull3t said:
It is just my personal view, As I have played other games round my friends and was not keen on them, hence why I didnt buy them.
I got a Wii for the fun-factor/innovative control system.

Im curious: Are you going to give Wii-Music(the conducting game) or Wii-Drum-Kit a go?

Try COD:3. I found it easy, but it was enjoyable. And you get so used to the Wii-Nunchuk combo that its a bit frightening for observers. Lobbing grenades around and hiding behind cover was never so much fun!

Cept maybe for Super Bomberman

if there is no1 to blame...then there cant be a problem :) you must be ecstatic now...i jus solved your problem :lol:

well then im a 35 yr old kid that is having a ball with my wii :ciappa:

what do you expect to be able to play on your wii ? Playboy mansion ?
hmmm now that ive said that, its not a bad idea if i do say so myself
imagine the wii assesories that will come with that game :crazy:

its a different way of playing games that gets me and my kids off their butts and jumping around the home theatre room, burning calories :worship:

:shifty: there was no need for me to post this emoticon, but i thought it was funny :cornut:

NjD00 said:
For me, gameplay/fun is primary and graphics are secondary.

Sure, many Wii games are geared towards "everyone" and that might seem kiddy (like monkey ball, elebits, rayman, barnyard...etc) but there are are good percentage of older games out of the array of games currently out. You can't dismiss them as kiddie just because the graphics look less sophisticated. I'm sure more older games will come out...you just have to remember that they just launched and want a variety, such as true kiddie games like barnyard and ant bully, games for all like excite, sports, etc, and older games like Far Cry and COD.

Just be patient, some games may feel kiddie, but Wii is fun as **** and that's the main factor.

I disagree.

I feel like this abit but i dont mind. and is it me or are most games i've seen sequals MP3, supermario galaxy, wario ware, excite truck, CoD3, madden 07, the list goes on. I hope they gome up with some NEW, ANGRY, FPS, games. I really think red steel looks cool and they should do a matrix game abit like that, but with kong-fu aswell!

mull3t said:

You suck, and that's sad:frown2: :frown2: :frown2:

Um...

WuZeMu said:
I feel like this abit but i dont mind. and is it me or are most games i've seen sequals
Im not sure if you've noticed, but innovative games basically no longer exist.

Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Dawn of War and Expansions, Sports games, etc. Expansions and sequels make up a majority of modern games because, just like movies: They make money. They make alot of money

If you go to a game store and have a choice between a sequel of a game you enjoyed or a totally weird looking new game then you are most likely going to buy the sequel.

Back