WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
wii = $250
component cable = ?
virtua console controller = ?
Gamecube controller = ?
wiimote charger = ?

how much is total~?!?!?

OK, I have no idea how much a wiimote charger is, so ill put it as $30AUS and using a handy dandy currency converter:
640.00 AUD = 528.144 USD

Therefore, Wii with all your thingos is $528 approx. How much is a PS3 USD?

JoonKimDDS said:
wii = $250
component cable = ?
virtua console controller = ?
Gamecube controller = ?
wiimote charger = ?

how much is total~?!?!?

Your on crack if you think Wii could cost more than PS3.. you still need extra controllers (which are wireless and still need batteries/charger), games, dvd remote control etc for the PS3.

Wii is like a Wii, Gamecube, N64, Snes etc all in one for that low price.

So add all that extra stuff to the $999 price tag for PS3 and Wii's price will never come even close.

Nooooo

After taxes it will cost around $700 to go home and play a PS3.

After taxes it will cost around $270 to go home and play a Wii.

Stupid thread.

IBTL

I agree this thread doesn't make a lot of sense. You still have to purchase very similar accessories and more for the PS3. Plus, aren't the PS3 games $10 more?

wii = $250
component cable = $20 (only if you have an HDTV, I don't so I save the $20)
virtua console controller = $20
Gamecube controller = $20 - $25 (this is only if you want to play gamecube games, and if you do the games are cheaper than PS2 games methinks)
wiimote charger = $30

$280 - $345 max. There is really no comparison. On top of that as people have mentioned PS3 games are $60. Nintendo has always milked us with accessories, but there is no way you can compare a Wii's price to a PS3. One of the biggest reasons it is doing so poorly in my opinion.

What, A wii is 250, a charger is 30 and who needs cables? They come with the Wii and no games are in HD so there's no need to buy HD cables. And games are cheaper so no the Wii is much cheaper than a PS3 or 360.

JoonKimDDS said:
wii = $250
component cable = $30 For the Nintendo ones...3rd party as low as $8
virtua console controller = $20,but,not required unless you play Certain VC games
Gamecube controller = $30 for a Wavebird,you'll difinately want this to keep the whole "wireless" thing going.Otherwise pick up a used 3rd party for a few bucks at a pawn shop.
wiimote charger = Not needed,Battery charger and batteries can be had for around $10 with 2 or more batteries included,if you need it for 4 wiimotes and four Wavebird you are still looking at less than $30 or so

Around $360 bucks,far cry from $599. Stupid useless thread,no wonder you have "no friends".

And what is the deal with you sig?
JoonKimDDS said:
am definitely buying wii for Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicle, Metroid Prime3(if it's as good as 1 and not as crappy as 2), and Zelda(if it's not as crappy as zelda:TP). I got no friends to come over and play so I don't get party game but SSBB is so tempting. Oh and I will obviously download Super Mario World and Zeldarcarina of Time and use component cable to run my all Resident evil games came out for GC.

So you don't even have a Wii yet but have the balls to call TP crappy and in your sig no less? And don't say you played at the store or a friend house because I doubt either would let you play for 40+ hours that is needed on average to complete the entire game(everything!).And also you are only going to see a difference on RE4(still no wide screen though),the others had no 480p support.

And to JerrodDRagon,sure 480p isn't HD but it is considered EDTV,it is marginally better than standard 480i,cables are a must if you have a 480p,720p,1080i/p tv.

Last edited:
345 with tax(7%)

wii - 250$

cables - 20$ Like Scorp said... Some people don't have HDTVs

Virtual Consol Controller - 20$ Most VC games can be played with the wiimote or GCN controller.

GCN controller - 25$ If you have GC games you probably hshould have GC controllers...

Charger - 17$ Not even sure if this exists but I erad an article that said they were 17$

250+20+20+25+17 = 322 * 0.07 = 23.24 + 322 = 345

Metric said:
Charger - 17$ Not even sure if this exists but I erad an article that said they were $17

They do exist. :wink: There are many models, but the most common is Nyko's which is around $30. Do a search for rach's awesome thread on chargers in the Hardware forum.

^Well Im pretty sure for 20 bucks you could just get 3 rechargeable battery's instead of a charger.

I'm gonna be an ass and make fun of your spelling here >:3

Yes, Wii IS more Expansive than PS3.

Metric said:
I'm gonna be an ass and make fun of your spelling here >:3

Yes, Wii IS more Expansive than PS3.

Yes you are an ass...you don't know how hard it took me to restrain myself not to include that in my above post. Sure,we've all heard the excuse that some posters here don't speak english at all or very well..then why post here at all? I'm sure there are plenty of forums in your native speaking language to bother with this worthless ****.

In the UK the PS3 is around £420 and the Wii is £180 and the currency rate is 1.95 $s for every £. So basicly we have to pay $840 for the PS3 and $360 for the Wii, just wanted to get that off my chest lol :D

Wii_Fan said:
In the UK the PS3 is around £420 and the Wii is £180 and the currency rate is 1.95 $s for every £. So basicly we have to pay $840 for the PS3 and $360 for the Wii, just wanted to get that off my chest lol :D

Please don't get me started on us getting ripped off
Also:

We pay:

Wii Game - £40
PS3 Game - £50

If that was the case in America

Wii Game - £77 [Abouts] - Lets Call It $80
PS3 Game - £97 [Abouts] - Lets Call It $100

xD

Americans pay $50 a game, Which is £25 to us. How come we have to pay £15/$30 extra?

Anyways. The PS3 is ALOT more expensive than the Wii.

If the OP you included all the extra stuff not really needed for the Wii. Maybe you should of added all the junk for the PS3 on? [If there is any]

PLUS!!!!!

£30 - Wii Remote
£35 - PS3 Controller

So yeah:

Price
PS3 > Wii

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back