Wii is working perfectly

Brawny

Anglophobiphile
Dec 15, 2006
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Wii Online Code
5385-4035-7079-0395
I got my wii on the US launch date and it is working just fine. The update took no longer than 5 minutes and it is perfectly cool vertically and horizontally overnight with a game disc in it. The wii motes have not hit anything, the straps didn't break and they have always been synced.

As all the reported problems have freaked out potential wii buyers, I decided to post a positive thread.

I have had no problems at all either, no problems with the Wii, the remotes or anything. And I bought mine used, too.

My bro keeps hitting his head in Wii Bowling when he pulls it up to toss the ball, it's hilarious. >_>

I really hope that your brother is like, less than 4 years old, or older than 90. Otherwise, that would be very sad.

a mess up? from nintendo HA! not from nintendo my friend :hand:

1. People are too stupid to put on the wrist strap EVERY SINGLE WII GAME STATES IN PLAIN BLACK AND WHITE! :sick:

2. Wii is the most stable console out of all three of them, 360 is a computer it freezes and glitches. PS3 I haven't played it enough to tell.

Brawny said:
I really hope that your brother is like, less than 4 years old, or older than 90. Otherwise, that would be very sad.

He's actually 11. He's only really done it twice, when he gets carried away in 2 player. rofl.

Wiitendo said:
a mess up? from nintendo HA! not from nintendo my friend :hand:

1. People are too stupid to put on the wrist strap EVERY SINGLE WII GAME STATES IN PLAIN BLACK AND WHITE! :sick:

2. Wii is the most stable console out of all three of them, 360 is a computer it freezes and glitches. PS3 I haven't played it enough to tell.

Very true. I have to laugh out loud at the people who actually took their straps off. I bet they will be the first people to try to sue ninty too.

Edit: I forgot to mention the 7 different stores that I went to that could play 3 minutes of motorstorm and then freeze.

Last edited:
Bryan_ said:
He's actually 11. He's only really done it twice, when he gets carried away in 2 player. rofl.

thats still very sad, infact it may be a cause for concern.

haha no big deal my son cracked him self in the head with the wiimote but hes 4
anyway you gotta laugh!

um as much as you guys hate to admit it.. their is a issue with every console no matter how little.. with the Wii, i find that the batteries run out really quick but the thing is that can be solved with a rechargeable battery pack.

also if my Wii is on standby for awhile it can start to get hot and i bought a stand for it and is suppose to be cooling it down.

Last edited:
I got mine imported from US to Europe and therefore I use a 220V/110V stepdown converter and a PAL TV.

And guess what, Wii still works just fine :)

As for the Wiimotes:
I'm using Duracell Ultra M3 batteries and with 4 hours or so gaming each day, they last more than a week.

And my Wiimotes have taken their fair share of beating and hitting around. The result: Nothing. Granted I was careful not to force the wrist straps too much, but the remotes themselves are quite sturdy and I'm fascinated by people who can break them while gaming. I'm a pretty big guy myself (6' 7") so I figure it must take a pro-wrestler to take down a Wiimote :p

So, for all those who still have doubts about getting a Wii because of its rumored problems.. The answer is definitely yes, go get one :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Mine frooze once playing Zelda and I lost loads of progress other than that the batteries are crap so I have some rechargable ones and a charger which sorts things out for now.

N bring out a Official Charging unit now.

I have no issues with my Wii falling over as I've cut a slot in my draw for the leads to feed straihgt to the plug and the back of the Wii fits in ncely so it can't fall over.

I am glad to hear not many people have problems with there Wiis As for batteries Nyko is coming out with a rechargable battery stand later this month or next month you just sit the wii motes on the stand so you don't have to take out the batteries. comes with Ruberized grips 2.

Back