Wii just randomly froze up

MaXiMiUS

Custom User Title (TM)
Dec 7, 2006
Nanaimo, BC, Canada.
Wii Online Code
2573-4546-5926-8361
Uhm.. I went to connect to the internet with the Internet Channel.. it was loading, played the 'loading' sound, then just stopped. The graphic in the corner is no longer spinning, it's just stuck. I can't turn off my Wii with my Wiimote or via the power or reset buttons on the Wii.

O.O'

Edit:

The only button that still does anything is the eject button. Internet channel has crashed X.X

Edit again:

I was able to restart my Wii by holding down the power button (for what seemed like forever, I held it down for at least a full minute..)..

But the Internet Channel just crashed again. Exactly the same point too.

Loading graphic always dies like this:
*_*

Edit again:

Tried to run a system update, (I have Ver 2.0U) it says I have the latest version..

Edit again:

Not sure why, but deleting the internet channel save data seemed to fix this. Odd.

Last edited:
This has happened to me a couple times also. I also have to unplug the power cord in the back to get it to turn off....

Is there a place on the wii, where we see what version we have installed?

To the above questions, yes.
Top right hand corner when u go into the options menu (where it has like, "internet", "burn reduction", "console nickname", etc.) ... it's in that menu.

Dont forget guys the internet browser is still a trial, it may have a few error's. I wouldnt worry about it unless it keeps happening alot.

Back