Wii keeps shutting off on me after 1 hour of gameplay.

amorc

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2006
I searched and searched and found nothing. Has this been happening to anyone else? Please say I'm not the only one.

Youre the only one, i played wii at a friends for 4 hours straight,nothing happened. maybe you accidently set it for a certain time to go off. or maybe yo mamma set it for only 1 hour of gameplay(parental controls)

I don't want anyone else to experience the same problem. I'm just hoping that out of 400,000 or whatever systems I didn't get one of the major flukes.

did your parents use parental controls at all? I think they can set it to shut off after a certain amount of time.

Thanks guys, but its not the parental controls. I'm a big boy.

Thanks for all your help though. I'm gonna call Nintendo.

Cap'n Crunch said:
Youre the only one, i played wii at a friends for 4 hours straight,nothing happened. maybe you accidently set it for a certain time to go off. or maybe yo mamma set it for only 1 hour of gameplay(parental controls)
I don't think the Wii can do that, Nintendo wanted to do something similar but they couldn't figure out a way to let the game save before turning off.

Is the wii up against the wall?

Make sure the fan isnt blocked by anything, make sure its very well ventilated

micster said:
Is the wii up against the wall?

Make sure the fan isnt blocked by anything, make sure its very well ventilated
I'm gonna check that out in a sec.

But anyway, just got off the phone with Nintendo, they're sending out a new system UPS Blue. And if that doesn't work, they'll send out a new AC adapter. The rep I talked to said this has been a big problem and in most of the cases it was a faulty system. The whole ordeal took about 20 minutes. This is why I love Nintendo.

Back