Wii Keyboard

bryceisbest

Wiicked
Dec 25, 2006
Wii Online Code
4098-8874-8637-8470
Wii Keyboard

seems like the most logical accesory to make right now.

typing in entire sentences with the internet browser is a pain in the ass. who's with me?

I have a feeling that some USB keyboard prolly already works. If anyone has any USB keyboards laying around the house they should plug them in and see. Might be like that Hercules USB wifi adapter, which works out of a sea of many that don't.

I'm sure there is prolly some Japanese keyboard you never heard of that works. :p

hmm. wow. cant believe i havent thought about that before.

ima try it out. ill get back to you guys on that one.

I just tried an old iMac USB keyboard I had lying around, this keyboard works fine on a XP based PC as well as (obviously) an iMac.

No dice with the Wii, I'm gonna guess either a) No keyboard support exists in the firmware yet or b) Theres a Nintendo keyboard in the works (probably Wireless/bluetooth)

Guess we have to wait and see..

There aren't any USB devices that are currently supported; you can only recharge usb devices. People have tried keyboards, ipods, mouses, third-party lan adapters, harddrives, flash drives, etc, all with no success. There is this thing called drivers that Nintendo didn't include for all these devices. The only currently planned USB device (other than rechargers) that is publicly known is a Nintendo branded Lan Adapter.

yeah i just tried 2 usb keyboards to try my luck and nothing works. guess we will just have to wait.

dont u love the fact that the U in USB means universal yet nothing works with anything :D

UKTotty said:
dont u love the fact that the U in USB means universal yet nothing works with anything :D

USB still requires drivers. What is universal about it is that its a standard replacement for the standard serial port hardware used to use; USB is a faster, more flexible version.

I for one and definitely with you on this. Posting on websites and sending mail can be such an annoyance, I really hope a USB keyboard comes out sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Ive tried both my USB mouse and keyboard. Lights appear on the keyboard and the optical light on my mouse turns on, but nothing else aside from that happens.

Don't post saying that your keyboard works unless you are going to post the keyboard manufacturer and model number. You are just wasting your time and ours.

Back