Wii keyboard

raisinghelen said:
DVD players are so cheap now so just go and buy a little $30 DVD player and let your Wii live longer.

I agree. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a dvd player you could buy with the same dimensions/style as the Wii? I'm hoping the future Hard Drives will be the same way.

stop double posting

ok ,you've double posted 3 TIMES in the same thread :mad: :mad5: :mad: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: just STOP!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
but on topic, yes, it would make email and such more convenient, but theres no need for a mouse or touch pad. the wiimote works great and the others things would just up the $. and seriously, STOP DOUBLE POSTING:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: THERES A REASON FOR THE EDIT BUTTON, SO USE IT!!!!!

sry for that but 3 times is just abusing your excessive n00b powers

Stranger said:
ok ,you've double posted 3 TIMES in the same thread :mad: :mad5: :mad: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: just STOP!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!
but on topic, yes, it would make email and such more convenient, but theres no need for a mouse or touch pad. the wiimote works great and the others things would just up the $. and seriously, STOP DOUBLE POSTING:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: THERES A REASON FOR THE EDIT BUTTON, SO USE IT!!!!!

Are you talking to me.
:mad:

Notice how no one here has been here that long......This idea has been posted before. Stop thinking your the only one who can think of something <sarcasm>SOOOO KEWWWLLL!!!!!one One OnE 11111!!</sarcasm>

He was talking to the OP. You should know better if you've been here for 3 months....

Just need driver download support for good old usb keyboards.... No need for first party crap that will waste all your game money.

I'm guessing it would be around $20 maybe more I hope we do get one though

Stranger said:

dude dont flame up! see thats how i got banned!

E7LI0TT said:
hey guys,

OFF TOPIC:
i got my wii off ebay
completed zelda in Total Play Time: 60:46 without getting stuck and without walkthrough, guides and stuff

ON TOPIC:
i have an idea,
a wireless wii keyboard,
because on the internet channel of the wii there are so many things you need it for:

playing online games
talking (because pressing letter-by-letter gets on my nerves)
searching for stuff

the design:
like a keyboard but with a touchpad or a analog stick for the mouse cursor
and like everthing else it is connected to the wii remote like the nunchuk and that, its white and... and its got the HOME (blue house) button

what do you think? its only a suggestion, if they have already made one then woopee!

plus. sorry for i think copying some other threads but i just wanted to say
E7LI0TT

"I have an idea" that line definetly made me smile

"your idea" has been in discussion on forums EVERYWHERE eversince the internet channel got released, whitch is quite some months now ;) the wii keyboard has basicly been confirmed, just nog officialy

WTF? Ever hear of FPS games? PC gamers have been dying for a console to support keyboard and mouse.

raisinghelen said:
I doubt there will be a keyboard for the Wii as it wouldnt really have much use. No Wii games will ever involve much in the way of typing and the web browser is just for simple browsing. If you want to type a lot then you are better off just using a PC. i guess a 3rd party could make one but it would have to be under $20 for anyone to consider buying it as it would have so little real use.

I think a headset is a better idea for communicating while gaming.

Logitech Codless Keyboard - approx. $25

There are 2 USB slots on the Wii.
A keyboard and mouse can be controlled by just one of those, if Nintendo adds the software.

The better method would be virtual keyboards. Have a pair of gloves that with a push of a button on the mote, turn the gloves into a keyboard. Then you can drop the mote (wrist strap on) and start typing. Pick back up the mote and continue playing.

They are called Pinch Gloves and they are a little expensive at the moment.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting you wii man. :thumbsup:
There are some nice ideas there but I agree with some of the above posts that the touch pad is better than the analog stick.

Back