wii keyboard

i think it would be nice if the wii supported a usb or bluetooth keyboard. doesn't necessarily have to be a dedicated wii keyboard.

There was rumor floating through the blogosphere some months ago that Logitech was developing something for the Wii, and given their staple products, a keyboard made sense (3rd party controllers do as well). I've heard nothing of this since. Other than the internet channel, only Madden '08 comes to mind as a game with text chat functionality, and Logitech would probably want gamers to have a good reason to buy it.

in time the wii should get ne im why not some people type one letter at a time with the remote and this would really help out for them..lol..

I don't think I could walk into a store and say "Give me a Kii-board" with a straight face...

I'd like to see a headset or keyboard added though, I'm not looking forward to smack talking other people in strikers with browser's onscreen keyboard..

The gamecube controller keyboard is really weird looking o_O
It would be better without the gamecube thing because with a normal wii kiiboard you could just plug the keyboard into the wiimote, instead of the gamcube port.

icewolf24 said:
The gamecube controller keyboard is really weird looking o_O
It would be better without the gamecube thing because with a normal wii kiiboard you could just plug the keyboard into the wiimote, instead of the gamcube port.
You want a keyboard that's unusable in any game that requires a nunchuck?

It says that the keyboard can be used for GC compatible games. I doubt it would work for the Wii side of the console. Isn't the GC part of the Wii separate from the Wii side?

Smurfette said:
It says that the keyboard can be used for GC compatible games. I doubt it would work for the Wii side of the console. Isn't the GC part of the Wii separate from the Wii side?

Gamecube mode does not allow you to access Wii hardware, but Wii mode does allow you to use your GC controller, like for VC games or SSBB. I would imagine however that the keyboard required a little something extra to work--in game drivers. The console has to know what to do with the input its getting.
I don't think I could walk into a store and say "Give me a Kii-board" with a straight face...

You do know that sounds the same as "give me a keyboard", right? I don't think anyone will notice, or know what to give you.

Last edited:
Back