Wii Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeseman

WiiChat Member
Nov 7, 2006
Hi Wii fans,

I can't find any mention of a wii keyboard?
Will the wii recognise any usb keyboard or will i need a wii one? (if one exists?)
I don't fancy typing emails on the opera browser with just a directional pad

cheeseman

Lol, yeh youve got a good question going there. Too bad I cant answer it for you... but my reason for postinbg is so I can subscribe to the thread :)

I am all most certain that the Wii will recognize any USB keyboard.

I'm not so sure... it takes more than just a USB port to hook up things like a keyboard... the software involved would have to be there and I haven't heard/seen anything that points to it being there...

Actually unlike LAN adapters and other complicated USB devices, keyboards, mouses and USB storage devices might work.

If I have understood things right these are "legacy USB devices" that should work in some primitive way in most PC:s without an OS or drivers.

I think this is some standard communications protocol used on these that might (and that's a BIG MIGHT) work with the Wii but I would'nt start buying keybs and usb memorys just yet.

Yeah... kb's and mice should be able to connect. And although (not yet at least) I don't think the Wii will be my primary access to the net (I just don't think it'll ever be as fast as a puter for browsing the net) I'd still no doubt try a basic keyboard when I get the system.

I think it should work, any USB keyboard and mouse will work in DOS (on a PC). (as long as it is switched on in your BIOS)
And DOS doesn't load up any USB drivers, just the drivers you need to run the computer.
So if the Wii has keyboard functions there i don't see why it shouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back