Wii Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
WiiPlaya said:
no it dosnt work, apparently the wii dosnt have the proper drivers...but nintendo is making their own keyboard that will work on the wii...i just think you should type from your computer for now if u dont want the hassle of typing with the wii-mote
Oh well

Yes Nintendo made a new firmware update that lets u use usb keyboards now
though for some f'in reason it doesnt work on the internet channel

WiiPlaya said:
no it dosnt work, apparently the wii dosnt have the proper drivers...but nintendo is making their own keyboard that will work on the wii...i just think you should type from your computer for now if u dont want the hassle of typing with the wii-mote

are they really?

Hello there. I just plugged in my Wireless Logitech Keyboard (S510) and I was able to type messages in the Wii email area. I will test it on the internet channel tonight and upload a video to youtube for proof.

Capt Elmer said:
Hello there. I just plugged in my Wireless Logitech Keyboard (S510) and I was able to type messages in the Wii email area. I will test it on the internet channel tonight and upload a video to youtube for proof.

You can type messages in Wii email, but it still does not work in Internet Channel. I have already tried that.

all I know is if/when a wii keyboard comes out, I wanna see a sequel to the Dreamcast classic Typing Of The Dead. Secretaries and zombie fanatics rejoice!

I would really like to have a keyboard that works for the messaging and the browser, hopefully Nintendo will get one out for us.

This has been answered repeatedly, NO IT DOESNT WORK. Yes, it sucks, and I dont know why it doesnt work, but IT DOESNT. Case closed.

I just got an email on my wii this morning telling me there was an update available to download. After I downloaded it a message popped up that said you are now able to connect usb keyboards to the wii.

Afterwards I googled "wii keyboard" to see if there was such a thing and it led me to this thread. Just figured I'd register real quick and give you guys the heads up. Download the update, enjoy your keyboarding. :smilewinkgrin:

Wii 3.1 update

A new Wii firmware update is ready to grab. I am not too sure of the details for the upgrade, other than it is version 3.1. If anyone has a running list of the upgrades, please leave a comment or shoot an email my way. Thanks to everyone that sent in this tip!

Update - details

- USB keyboard compatible

- links received on the Wii message board now open in Internet Channel
- can send links to friends
- can copy text from the page being viewed and paste it into a search

cyberzomby said:
It was compatible already.

Or do you mean in opera browser as well??
Yes, you have to redownload the Internet Channel however it will enable USB keyboard support.

Definitely makes the Internet Channel actually useful, as without it the Internet Channel was good for watching YouTube and the occasional page lookup. Currently using it, and it isn't what I would call "flawless", but better than nothing at all. :)

This could mean proper communication on games like BWii! Of course a headset it always better, but a keyboard is good none the less.

And I don't have a USB keyboard...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back