Wii Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keyboard with the 3.1 upgrade

My old Saitek usb keyboard is working, I just plug it into the usb port and now I'm able to type when while the internet browser instead of using the wii remote:wink:

Did you update your Wii???
You supposed to have update 3.1 in order to make the keyboard work

I did it with my old Saitek usb game keyboard it work with Opera, BUT after installing the last update 3.1 Today 10/10/07

:smilewinkgrin: Just so you dont have to keep searching through this thread... Any USB keyboard will work on here. You must download the latest software from your wii menu, then go to the shop chennel and update your internet settings. And you too can now type via any USB keyboard on the wii.

Enjoy.

Now it's working after update 3.1
My old Saitek game USB keyboard can be use with the opera browser.
There's also updete for Opera browser and Everybody vote channel...

I don't know if all Wireless ones work though, mabey we should start a list of compatible ones.

I know Logitech Cordless Desktop EX 110 works

johnny_rocket2210 said:
:smilewinkgrin: Just so you dont have to keep searching through this thread... Any USB keyboard will work on here. You must download the latest software from your wii menu, then go to the shop chennel and update your internet settings. And you too can now type via any USB keyboard on the wii.

Enjoy.
Sorry to sound stupid :crazy: but when you say any USB keyboard does that mean any wireless keyboard too? :crazy: . I ask because on the Opera website it say any standard USB keyboard. :confused:

Didn't have time to try.
Tonight I may try some other keyboards I have including a wireless microsoft and mouse and post it here....

Drunk Duck said:
Sorry to sound stupid :crazy: but when you say any USB keyboard does that mean any wireless keyboard too? :crazy: . I ask because on the Opera website it say any standard USB keyboard. :confused:

Most (newer) wireless keyboards use bluetooth (BT, or some wireless equivalent) to communicate to a wireless receiver that plugs into a USB port. Like the EX110 mentioned above - it come with the USB-to-Wireless module (that you would plug into the Wii) and a wireless KB and mouse.

As long as the Wii side of the KB interface is USB, it doesn't sound like it matters whether it's wired or not! :)

~DT

My trust one works however it wont let me type certain lettters(a,s,k,l) lol which is quite important if i want to type Alaska lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back