Wii Lan Adapter

ninnie x

AKA nintendoxxx1
Oct 20, 2006
The Nearest Dumster to your house...
Wii Online Code
5457-8878-2124-2087
My Wii is not yet connected to the WWW, so I'm thinking of getting a Wii Lan Adapter. The only problem is that my TV is about 10 feet away from my computer:mad5: Does anyone have any suggestions?

Get a really long ethernet cable and you should be fine. You can always disconnect it and only connect it when you wanna get on the net or figure out a way to run it around to your Wii out of the way.

the lan adaptor comes with 5 feet of cord. If you plug in the wii halfway between the TV and computer you might have enough cords to work with (I tried this it worked fine). Or if the tv is small enough you can just move the tv.

I have the official nintendo LAN adapter and it doesn't come with a cord. Just the adapter and the manual.

And why does it matter that your computer is 10 feet away? You don't need to plug in the ethernet cable in a computer. (I don't know if it's possible, but it's definitely not necessary.)

ninnie x said:
My Wii is not yet connected to the WWW, so I'm thinking of getting a Wii Lan Adapter. The only problem is that my TV is about 10 feet away from my computer:mad5: Does anyone have any suggestions?
If you have Windows XP, you can get a Nintendo USB Connector. Same thing as the Wii LAN Adapter. But yeah, I have a Nintendo USB Connector, and it seems to be working fine. :] I mean, my computer and TV is about 12 feet away. :p

ninnie x said:
I don't have WindowsXP, I have Windows98:nonod:
Is this the part when I say "SH*T!!!!"?

No, you can still use the LAN adapter if you don't even have a computer. Just plug it in your router, modem, that socket in your wall, whatever you like to call it.

Only the USB stick requires you to have a windows XP PC running. The Lan adapter is more flexible and cheaper (if you already have an internet cable. Otherwise you'll have to buy one, I don't know what it costs.)

Same boat

Hey all,

Basically, I'm planning to get a Wii and I want to be able to hook it up to my Wii to my existing cable internet connection, I assume with an LAN adaptor. Here's my setup:

I have TWC high-speed internet with a cable running from my wall to a modem that connects to my computer via an ethernet cable. I realize I'd probably have to buy a longer cord to reach from my Wii to my cable connection.

Based on my setup, how exactly would I connect to the Wii using a LAN adaptor? Thanks much, I'm just not savvy when it comes to this :scared:

i personally have a fifty foot ethernet cable. and i use every inch of it because my wii is a floor below my computer lol. i only connect when i want to go online. its ghetto but my router i had wastn good enough.

i have a LAN adapter they work, but u cant get messages from cell phones, u can only send them to cell phones. but other wise it is good

You could buy a cheap wireless router. Thats what I did, got it for $20 and it works like a charm. I don't have any other computers or anything but this one so it was perfect for the Wii.

on a wii u can usually email other wiis, computers, and cell phones, though with the lan adapter everything works both ways besides getting messages from a cell phone, they work sending them to a phone though

Back to the LAN adapter: I had some connection issues with it, but Nintendo fixed that a couple of days ago and it should work fine now. (I had some problems connecting to Mario Strikers.)

Last edited:
Back